Softball

The key to the series to me is OU's defense compared to ULL. I would not be surprised to see OU exploit ULL's defense with some small ball. Of course, Paige is huge - good pitching almost always beats good hitting.

You've hit the nail squarely on the head, IMO. The Cajuns are capable of scoring runs in bunches when they take advantage of an opponent's pitching and/or defense. Problem is, the Sooners have no defensive weaknesses and OU has one of the best pitchers in the NCAA.

In other words, beating OU will be a much bigger challenge for ULL than beating a team like Texas A&M.

You are right on when you say staying in the winners bracket is key for the Sooners. We may even need 5 good performances from Paige should our opponent in the finals also be undefeated.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't the CWS championship always a best-of-three series between the last two teams standing, even if one of those teams came up through the loser's bracket?

Correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't the CWS championship always a best-of-three series between the last two teams standing, even if one of those teams came up through the loser's bracket?

You are correct. Stay in the winners bracket the whole tournament and you can win it all in 5 games. Go through the losers bracket and it could take 5 game to make the finals if you have to win 2 of 3 against an undefeated team in the semi-finals. That could mean 8 games.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Paige Parker. She adds true meaning to the term "student athlete."

Will ESPN2 switch over to the OU game if the Florida-Georgia game goes past 8 pm? Or will they join our game late in progress?

Crap. My cable company doesn't feature ESPNU, I guess I'll have to hope that Georgia can get through the bottom of the inning 1-2-3...

Didn't the ULALA catcher just have to pick up the bunt and tag Knighten to get the 3rd out?

Wow, Patti really had the girls playing small ball, and it paid off! Really hated to see that 3 LOB, though...

I like the way this game is starting out, though. We are pretty productive on the scoreboard so far...

Where is the icon for tearing your hair out? Had two bases-loaded situations and couldn't score! I hope Paige can stay strong the rest of the way, and those LOBs don't come back to haunt us...

Back