Softball

#10 LSU 1
#7 James Madison 1 (still batting, have put a lot of runners on base in previous two innings, but the only run was a solo home run to begin the third)

If you're watching, you just saw the JMU pitcher injure her shoulder while sliding safely into second. Had to be helped off the field. The girl who homered a few moments earlier is warming up in the bullpen.

Can I ask a dumb question? Thinking about going to OKC next Thursday and watch a session. If OU does make it will they place them in the second session? Of course, I am asking what they normally do or past practices and understand that we may not know.

JMU w/ the walk off win vs. LSU.

Big upset brewing also, UGA's already up a game after last night & they're up 1-0 over UF heading to the bottom of the 4th right now.

Florida used two hit batsmen and two singles to take a 2-1 lead over Georgia. The one Georgia run was on a home run that shouldn't have been. On the previous pitch, the hitter hit the ball straight up and really high. Any of the infielders could have caught it. It looked like the SS waved everyone off. Then, they got away from it. But, it landed four feet from her. It wasn't apparent whether she had lost it in the sun or what. On the next pitch, the Georgia hitter drove a ball way over the left field wall for the only run until now (5th).

Georgia eliminated Florida with a two-out walk off two run home run in the bottom of the seventh, 3-2.

OU men run ruled Texas Tech, 17-4

Gators go down! Georgia advances to OKC... Now, let's get our game underway, none of this "joined-in-progress" stuff!

Looks like a weather delay down in Norman. I wonder how long the weather will postpone the game's beginning? And what effect will it have on our normally-stellar infield defense?

Looks like a weather delay down in Norman. I wonder how long the weather will postpone the game's beginning? And what effect will it have on our normally-stellar infield defense?

Looks like these storms won't clear Norman for at least another hour.

So, if it rains hard in Norman, does OU have a tarp to cover the infield, to keep it from turning into a mudhole?

So...are we not going to be televised now? ESPN is showing Alabama for there 8 pm game.
I have directv and can't find the game after the rain delay???

It will be shown on ESPN2. Official start time is now 8:25.

Most of the delay has been due to lightning. I think the rule is that they must empty the stadium for thirty minutes if there is lightning within seven miles (not sure about number). The time kept being extended by strikes of lightning. During that time, the players have been visiting outside the stadium with the fans.

So, if it rains hard in Norman, does OU have a tarp to cover the infield, to keep it from turning into a mudhole?
OU does cover the infield with a tarp. I think they put down a new sod last year that drains faster in the outfield.

I wish that I could be watching this! Dadgum rain delay took away the ESPN2 broadcast, now I have to keep up on Gametracker :(

Wow, the first 10 OU batters never went to more than 4 pitches to them in the count until Clifton grounded out on a full count (7 pitches). Looks like the plan ois to attack, attack and attack the ball!

Check that, Knighten went to 5 pitches in the first.

Last edited:
I see by the PBP that Hayden flied out to RF, and just now walked. How hard did Hayden hit the ball her first at bat? Paige seems to be treating Hayden pretty cautiously...

ULL mounting a rally with bases loaded. Come on, Paige!

Well, we lost 2/3 of our lead, but still up by a run, 3-2. Come on Sooners, let's get it back!

Last edited:
Back