Softball

Paige Lowary comes in to relieve Parker in the sixth.....

OU wins 3-0!

Good work by the Paige's. Key hits when it counted by Aviu and Hatfield.

#2 Florida State 3 #1 Florida 1 (11)
Barnhill went 10.1, giving up a two-run walk off home run in the eleventh. She struck out 21. Florida got six hits and two walks.

We clinched the Big Twelve.

OU 6 OSU 2
Shay hit two more home runs, 3 RBIs.

Lopez started, relieved by both Paiges. Lopez with the win.

Any news on Dalton?

Have heard nothing but I suspect her absence is more a result of Wodach getting healthier. Woodach is hitting better (3 for 12 with 3 rbi's) since her return and Dalton is a defensive liability behind the plate. Would not be surprised to see Alissa get some pinch hit opportunities in the post season.

Last edited:
Have heard nothing but I suspect her absence is more a result of Wodach getting healthier. Woodach is hitting better (3 for 12 with 3 rbi's) since her return and Dalton is a defensive liability behind the plate. Would not be surprised to see Alissa get some pinch hit opportunities in the post season.

Actually, Dalton is not even in the dugout. It has nothing to do with Lea or Dalton's play.

dalton wasn't in dugout at tech last w/e, either. wonder was is really up w/ the disappearing acts? Strange.

It appear the Sooners may be peaking right on Patty's schedule. When you compare the conference to the non-conference schedule the Sooners hit .317 in the non-conference with 23 HR's (0.62/g) in 37 games. In conference they are hitting .340 with 24 HR's (1.41/g) in 17 games. We scored 6/5 r/g non-conference and 5.6 in conference.

On the pitching side the non-conference era was 1.76 in conference 1.42. Also while the staff allowed 27 HR's, 17 by Parker, during the conference season the staff has allowed only 2 with Parker allowing one of those. That is a reduction of from 0.68 HRA/g to 0.12 HRA/g.

Now we just need to maintain that performance for another 15/16 games and another WCWS championship.

http://www.big12sports.com/fls/10410/pdfs/softball/2017ConfStatistics.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=10410

Last edited:
Texas beat Baylor 3-1 behind Davis 5 hit complete game. Has to help in the rpi especially if the whorns can win tomorrow.

Last edited:
Texas beat Baylor 3-1 behind Davis 5 hit complete game. Has to help in the rpi especially if the whorns can win tomorrow.
Don't we even out on this one? It does hurt Baylor. But, it may not hurt that much since it was at Austin. Didn't hurt Baylor to lose at Norman.

Live stats shows Mendes starting at pitcher. OUtwitter shows Parker. Live stats also shows Hatfield in RF, Aviu in left field. But, they don't show Mendes hitting either.

Don't we even out on this one? It does hurt Baylor. But, it may not hurt that much since it was at Austin. Didn't hurt Baylor to lose at Norman.

What you say is true it cost Baylor much less to lose in Austin (-0.7) than in Waco (-1.3). I should note these numbers are from the baseball rpi formula as I have never seen one for softball. In fact I just found the baseball formula recently. The basketball formula is slightly different than baseball.

Also probably a waste of time to look at rpi impact as what the Sooners do only counts 25% of rpi. Because 75% of the calculation is what you opponent do and what their opponents do it becomes too cumbersome to project the calculation weekly without having the formula online. While the rpi is a very accurate system it still fails to make allowances for margin of victory to distort its effectiveness for use by the gaming industry or so it is claimed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rating_Percentage_Index

But for certain it is always good for a team above you in the rpi to lose and for you to win but you can only speculate, guess or hope as to the net change to rpi. What the 43 opponents and their opponents have done for the week determines 75% of the change each week.

What is the real killer in rpi rankings is losing at home especially to a highly ranked rpi team. Also when calculating the impact of the Baylor vs OU series I used the basketball formula to extrapolate the net effect of the series and projected Baylor with a +0.2 net and OU a -0.2 net. Using the baseball formula the net effect changes to Baylor a net -0.1 and OU a net +0.1. That is a +0.6 net change to OU's favor.

Last edited:
Live stats shows Mendes starting at pitcher. OUtwitter shows Parker. Live stats also shows Hatfield in RF, Aviu in left field. But, they don't show Mendes hitting either.

Mendez leading off but OU bats are silent only 2 hits after 4.5. Lowary in the circle. Final 1-0 on Mendez HR and combined no hitter by Mendez and Lowary.

Last edited:
ESPN showed a graphic of the "committee's" projected Top 10. Somehow, OU wasn't in it.

I assume that's somehow going to be Sherri's fault (as in, she cost OU softball because she was at her son's wedding, or some bizarro logic to that effect).

ESPN showed a graphic of the "committee's" projected Top 10. Somehow, OU wasn't in it.

I assume that's somehow going to be Sherri's fault (as in, she cost OU softball because she was at her son's wedding, or some bizarro logic to that effect).

You probably need to rush this info to Patty we do start the post season Friday @ 2 pm against Texas in Okc. :(

You probably need to rush this info to Patty we do start the post season Friday @ 2 pm against Texas in Okc. She is going to need all the help she can get to win it all this go round. :)

Back