Some schedule notes I stumbled upon

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
* Big Time has mentioned that he heard we might be playing in a preseason tournament in Alaska. I'm assuming if that were the case, it would be in the Great Alaska Shootout. If that is true, I read where Arizona State was going to be in the field there this year, so that could be another nice preseason matchup. Of course, this is all speculation at this point.

* OU will play Louisiana-Monroe on Nov. 17 in Norman per ULM's Scout site. I know that's one you've been waiting to hear about.

* Other confirmed games are Arkansas and Arizona in Norman, and games at Utah, Gonzaga and VCU.

* That's all I've got for now. Last year's schedule was announced by OU on July 24, so we're probably still a month away from seeing the final product.

I had heard that the Gonzaga game may be in Seattle, not Spokane...

I heard we were gonna play OSUx...twice.

At the very least I bet the Gonzaga game is played at Spokane Arena rather than The Kennel.

They'll either play in Alaska or Maui. One of the two.

Our boys are going to Maui in November 2010.

And so am I!

* Big Time has mentioned that he heard we might be playing in a preseason tournament in Alaska. I'm assuming if that were the case, it would be in the Great Alaska Shootout. If that is true, I read where Arizona State was going to be in the field there this year, so that could be another nice preseason matchup. Of course, this is all speculation at this point.

* OU will play Louisiana-Monroe on Nov. 17 in Norman per ULM's Scout site. I know that's one you've been waiting to hear about.

* Other confirmed games are Arkansas and Arizona in Norman, and games at Utah, Gonzaga and VCU.

* That's all I've got for now. Last year's schedule was announced by OU on July 24, so we're probably still a month away from seeing the final product.

One note about Lousiana Monroe. They actuallly will have a pretty talented and experienced team next year. They will bring back Lawrence Gilbert who was a 4-star recruit that origionally signed with Miami. Other returning players include Dynile Forbes who was a 2nd-team Juco all-american and their leading scorer Malcolm Thomas who averaged 12 ppg after averaging 14 ppg in junior college. Both will be seniors. They also return their best big guy, Rudy Turner who will guard Tiny and has about the same body. He is the 4th guy that averaged 10 ppg or more that they have coming back.

I'm not saying Lousiana Monroe is great. They were 10-20 last year. But they should be much improved and they have more talent than that Stephen F. Austin team that beat us, so hopefully Willie and the boys won't take them lightly.

Just FYI.

Back