Sooner fans giveth and Sooner fans taketh away

seniorsooner

Reaction score
crowd

Just made it back to T-Town from the game. First of all I'd like to say that I couldn't be more pleased with the performance tonight. Easily the most complete game this team has played yet. Very impressed with Tiny, and very impressed with the team defense as a whole.

Unfortunately I was very disappointed with the crowd. Not getting 8,000 butts in the seats for a game like this is quite frankly embarrassing. Yes I know the team started 4-3, but that is no excuse. We simply must do better than that.

Well, we fell woefully short of my projected attendance tonight. I hope OU never plays a game on a Sunday night again. The Sooner fans actually surprised me on Wednesday by drawing 1000 more than I projected (I think that is the first time that that has ever happened during the nonconference), but today, despite Arizona, no Thunders game, and Gerald McCoy signing autographs, we only managed a little over 7700.

That just sucks....

I really thought we would get over 9K tonight.

On a positive note, I thought the student section had its best atmosphere of the year. Thanks for those that brought it tonight.

Re: crowd

It was a huge disappointment considering we had over 8k for Arkansas. Not sure how we let the ball drop, I was hoping to get close to 10k for this game.

I am certainly not one to make excuses for the crowd, but someone told me that the tickets were extremely expensive for a game of this caliber. I was told the tickets were priced similar to the Texas and OSU game. Is that true? If so, what a horrid mistake by the AD.

You are correct. The face value on my tickets in N1 for this game was $30, which means face value in the "premium" areas would be $45.

Playmakr brought up a good point in the thread I started, what was with the price of the tickets for this one being so high? It looks like it was a mistake to designate this as a "premium game"...

I about had a recreation of yesterday's Tebow sideline moment with soonersam holding up my head.

OU fans really irk me sometimes.

BT, i feel the most sorry for our players, they work so hard, they deserve to have more crowd support

3 burger boys should put butts in the seats

Lowest priced seats were $30...they were still selling plenty of the $30 seats at the gates...I was able to get a $45 seat from a scalper for $20 outside the arena...but the cost of tickets was definitely premium cost...

BT, i feel the most sorry for our players, they work so hard, they deserve to have more crowd support

3 burger boys should put butts in the seats

I think they will get a pretty good crowd for the conference season. We are still drawing much better than we were last season. It comes down to people using the ticket exchange to give away tickets they can't use, and those on this board spreading the word about this team.

Playmakr brought up a good point in the thread I started, what was with the price of the tickets for this one being so high? It looks like it was a mistake to designate this as a "premium game"...

Agreed...I got lucky and caught a break from a scalper looking to basically get the ticket scanned (since apparently, that still does matter) and caught a break on one of the $45 tickets...not sure why this was listed as a "premium game"...

I think they will get a pretty good crowd for the conference season. We are still drawing much better than we were last season. It comes down to people using the ticket exchange to give away tickets they can't use, and those on this board spreading the word about this team.

good to hear then

good to hear then

I meant Capel's first two years. Not last season. We are down a little from last year's crowd, but we are still doing better than anyone else in the Big 12 South (not that that is saying much). A&M has put out some nice crowds. KU and ISU always put out nice crowds. Tech and Colorado are dreadful.

10,030 bought tickets and only 7,763 used them. Unbelievable. It's been around that 2,000 mark all year each game for those who have bought tickets and don't attend, and most of them I'm guessing are in the lower levels. It's f#(*$&#$ embarrassing.

It's early, but the crowd thing isnt going to go away anytime soon. We just need a smaller, newer stadium. A fieldhouse type arena with the students in FRONT of the camera and with actual lights.

I am certainly not one to make excuses for the crowd, but someone told me that the tickets were extremely expensive for a game of this caliber. I was told the tickets were priced similar to the Texas and OSU game. Is that true? If so, what a horrid mistake by the AD.

The cheapest ticket prior to today was $10. Today the cheapest ticket was $30. Sad.

Sunday night game in the buckle of the Bible Belt! That's the only reason I can think of as to why there weren't more people there.

Sunday night game in the buckle of the Bible Belt! That's the only reason I can think of as to why there weren't more people there.
We had more on a Wednesday night game in the buckle of the Bible belt, that excuse doesn't fly in my opinion.

Back