Sooners Announce Non-Conference Schedule

Let's let it play out before we start going that route. This is exactly what many posters said this time a year ago. And as far as the tourney, I'd argue the opposite point ... a better schedule is precisely why OU made the tourney and OSU didn't despite having almost identical records. That made very clear that the committee values who you beat, especially road and neutral. Going, say, 9-4 against a very good nonconference schedule is much better than piling up an 11-2 record against consistently weak opponents.

I hear ya but I call it like I see it. I was not worried about the schedule last season because we returned our entire team but upgraded our PG significantly.

This schedule is more difficult than last season’s and downright hellacious for a team with little to no experience playing together. Wofford and north Texas are the easiest home games and they are not push overs at all. This will be the #1 SOS in non conference imo.

I hate to say it but this team has almost no chance of making the tournament with this brutal of a schedule. There’s a good chance that we could have a team worthy of being in the tourney by the end of the year but we will be lucky to win more than 15 games.

Smh.

Why even play the games?

I hate to say it but this team has almost no chance of making the tournament with this brutal of a schedule. There’s a good chance that we could have a team worthy of being in the tourney by the end of the year but we will be lucky to win more than 15 games.

I think chemistry can and will make a big difference next season.

Plus, we won't have one guy controlling 90 percent of the offense. Also a good thing.

I expect the team to surprise next season and win 18-20 games, I really do.

Last edited:
Smh.

Why even play the games?

I will cheer them on just the same like I do every year. I see the world through crimson-colored glasses. I really hope I’m wrong but I just don’t see them making the tournament with that non-con schedule and the big12 meat grinder.

Yeah I agree with TINY.
This will be a tough year. It was going to be a tough year even with an "easy" non conference.

And season ticket prices need to be reduced b/c of the lack of home games.

I think OU will go either 6-7 or 7-6 in non league games.
Not sure there is enough or firepower to win 18-20 games.
Certainly defense has to improve.
The D last year looked at times if Mike Stoops was coaching it at his worse.

There's a lot of top 50 teams, but may not be any top 25 teams. I'm not going to panic. It's not like we scheduled Duke, Michigan State, and Gonzaga.

And season ticket prices need to be reduced b/c of the lack of home games.

Including an exhibition game each year, last year's season ticket package was for 16 games and this year's is for 15. Not that big of a deal.

They know that the LNC is empty until after the football playoff so there isn't much reason to have games there.

Fyi, this may impact future non-conference scheduling --- California added Oklahoma to a travel ban for state workers.

Link

As noted, it likely will not impact games that already have contracts in place ,

Last edited:
Fyi, this may impact future non-conference scheduling --- California added Oklahoma to a travel ban for state workers.

Link

As noted, it likely will not impact games that already have contracts in place ,

They played the UNC game after they got added to the list, but 1) not a fun list to be included on 2) probably won't see any UCs or CSU's for a while

They played the UNC game after they got added to the list, but 1) not a fun list to be included on 2) probably won't see any UCs or CSU's for a while

I live in North Carolina, so I'm well aware of living in a state that has/had, let's just say a "controversial" law. The state lost so much money due to cancelled sporting events (ex: 2017 NBA All-Star game in Charlotte), the law was eventually rescinded. Politics aside - the reality is that MONEY TALKS.

Back