Terrence Boyd released from WKU schollie

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Per kentuckysportsradio.com Definetely something wrong. Can you say Renaldo Sidney.

It is with a heavy heart that we report to you that former UK recruit Terrence Boyd has been released from his scholarship by Western Kentucky University before he even got started on his freshman year. Boyd will be remembered by Hilltopper fans as a former AAU teammate of Xavier Henry and Daniel Orton, a former top recruit who was ineligible to play high school ball this year and as one of the few people to actually talk trash about UK’s recruiting class this summer (it’s on Rivals).

However, Terrence “The Toilet” Boyd will always be known to UK fans as a man of a million Facebook statuses and as the man who referred to himself as both a toilet and a Trap Star in a seemingly random assault of DeAndre Liggins game:

Terrence Boyd says Liggins look like some s***… so since im the toilet i’ll flush that ****a down da toilet regardless if Yall think it or not.” Bucket Betta” No turnovas.

Terrence Boyd is sorry to Daniel R. Brown and other fans who got but hurt for my comment about Liggins… Ill just let his game speak for himself…. Im a Trap Star.

Also, just in case you’re still wanting more Terrence, there was the update for all the haters that he’s back on with UK. And, of course, there was the threat to UK fans of being “adios” if they didn’t stop talking mess.

So, Terrence, best of luck in the future. I’m sure there is a WKU blogger somewhere who is drowning his sorrows in a giant bucket of Busch Light. You were a gift-wrapped cornucopia of material.

man, that sucks.

think you're right with the sidney comparison, though. it's a shame.

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (AP) -- Western Kentucky University incoming freshman Terrence Boyd has been released from the Hilltoppers basketball team.

The 6-foot-5, 230-pound shooting guard from Norman, Okla., signed with Western on April 15. Coach Ken McDonald announced Sunday that the player didn't work out but gave no reason in a statement.

Boyd played his freshman high school season at Norman High School before transferring to Oak Hill Academy in Virginia as a sophomore. He moved to California and finished his prep career at San Diego High School but was forced to sit out due to transfer rules

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/ncaa/08/17/wku.boyd.ap/index.html#ixzz0ORXlmsIP

Seems like a discipline issue. Of course one of the reason he originally went to WKU is because of the easy qualification issues. Probably ends up at a Juco............maybe.

If he can sign with a team, I won't be surprised to see him try Europe. It doesn't sound to me like that college is important to him.

When a top 10 player in 2010 signs for 140K in Europe, the market is probably not going to be friendly to Boyd. He needs to get into someone's university whether it be a Juco or a Mid Major.

Back