Texas' Jarrett Allen declared for the Draft

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Declared for the draft but not hiring an agent yet.

Fraschilla compared them to OU all year with their youth, but without Allen ... ? Andrew Jones is apparently also mulling over a decision on whether to leave or stay.

They apparently have a really good class coming in and a Spangler-type (Dylan Osetkowski) transfer from Tulane, who sat out this season. I had read somewhere that he was very impressive in practice.

Your thoughts on Texas next year?

Their commits/signees:

https://texas.rivals.com/commitments/basketball/2017

Seriously doubting Shaka at this point - he's had plenty of talent during his time there and Texas always recruits well.

How stupid was Texas for hiring that AD from the West Coast that they fired already. He ran off Brown and Barnes. Look how that has turned out. Sadly, I bet that fool still has a million dollar a year job somewhere.

What was his name? Peterson? Very, very bad decision for Texas. He also pissed off a lot of alumni.

I like Shaka's youth and his charisma, I'm just not sold on his ability to win consistently in the Big 12. Time will tell if he was ready for the big stage or he's a younger version of Rick Barnes, who usually underachieved with the talent he brought in when T. J. Ford was not around anymore.

That doesn't really seem fair to Rick Barnes. He went to the final four and was always or consistently in the NCAA Tournament and the top of the Big XII. Smart hasn't done that.

How stupid was Texas for hiring that AD from the West Coast that they fired already. He ran off Brown and Barnes. Look how that has turned out. Sadly, I bet that fool still has a million dollar a year job somewhere.

What was his name? Peterson? Very, very bad decision for Texas. He also pissed off a lot of alumni.

Yep, BUT he was an alumnus!!! Kinda like the saga in Stoolwater!

Barnes first 10 years were great. His final 7 were not close to par. The Texas football program had completely fallen apart under Brown. They were right to fire those guys, they just (may) have made the wrong hires to replace them. But there was no indication those guys were bringing the programs to where they needed to be.

Back