Texas-North Carolina at Jerry World this Saturday

Sooner23

Reaction score
I'm really interested in this game. Texas has played one decent team so far (Pitt) and they struggled. They also struggled at home against an average USC team before pulling away late.

Texas seems to be tinkering with their guard lineups, plus this will be Lucas' first game. I wonder how they're going to handle that? Carolina, on the other hand, has been battled tested so far with tough games against Ohio State, Syracuse, Michigan State and Kentucky.

I'm going to be in Dallas this weekend visiting family (already gave my OU tickets to a friend so don't flame me :D) and might try to go just to see the spectacle of a basketball game in Jerry World.

What do you guys think about the matchup?

So you're going to go just to watch the game on the jumbo tron that will be bigger than the court?

I am the opposite scenario, will be in OKC this weekend visiting family...not too happy about that considering I gave up some plush seats. To me, Texas is the type of team that is going to look a bit inconsistent until later in the year; they have so much talent, but not much time on the floor together. Wangmene was out last year, Abrams is gone, Ward is done for the season, Lucas and Brown were not playing for UT this time last year either. That doesn't even take into consideration Hamilton and Bradley. (god, that is a DEEP team)

Have been really surprised that Balbay is actually their most consistent performer from the point, did not see that coming. If UT can get some production from behind the arc, they are going to be very tough come March.

Even though UNC has played some tough games, I am still not sold on them yet. Drew has been playing better as of late, but after him there has been a drop offon the perimeter. Ginyard is your consistent glue guy, but more than often won't be the offensive punch they need. Strickland still doesn't look 100% comfortable taking over the PG spot at times and has been inconsistent as well. The front lines match up well between the two teams, so that should be a good battle. Just think it comes down to whoever can knock down some outside shots since that seems to be the root of both teams' struggles.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see this one. UNC has the size on the inside to match up. I think this will come down to who controls the perimeter better.

I'm really interested in this game. Texas has played one decent team so far (Pitt) and they struggled. They also struggled at home against an average USC team before pulling away late.

Texas seems to be tinkering with their guard lineups, plus this will be Lucas' first game. I wonder how they're going to handle that? Carolina, on the other hand, has been battled tested so far with tough games against Ohio State, Syracuse, Michigan State and Kentucky.

I'm going to be in Dallas this weekend visiting family (already gave my OU tickets to a friend so don't flame me :D) and might try to go just to see the spectacle of a basketball game in Jerry World.

What do you guys think about the matchup?

What will that game cost? The good thing about a game like that is one of those two teams has to lose. I think I would rather see NC lose but I could enjoy a Texas loss too.

They are about the same team. A whole lot of athletes with a few good b-ball players!

Back