Texas-Oklahoma State

Sooner23

Reaction score
Hook 'em or Ride 'em?

I say Hook 'em to push OSU to 4-4 in the Big 12.

Interesting stat. OSU has beaten the longhorns each of the last three times they have come to GIA as a top 10 team.

Nowhere near easy though. Pittman will probably have a career day if not damion james as well.

I picture OSU shooting the lights out and winning.

I would like to see an OSU fan choke Damion James like that one Stoolwater Hillbilly did T.J. Ford that one year when he went diving into the stands for a loose ball. Wish we had youtube of that.

I think we'll throw a lot of 1-3-1 and 2-3 zone at them, so limiting offensive rebounds will be huge.

One thing that will be interesting to watch... Texas shoots around 60% from the free-throw line as a team.

In their loss to Baylor the other day, they were 19 of 31 from line.

You've gotta think that with Pittman and James, they'll be getting to the line a lot, but will they be able to capitalize?

Texas will lose their 4th of 5. They suck and were the most overrated #1 in history.

Then we will beat them saturday and they will be 4-4 in the Big XII, then maybe people will stop hyping overachieving Rick Barnes who has lottery picks sail through on a regular basis and has NEVER even won the Big XII tournament.

Texas will lose their 4th of 5. They suck and were the most overrated #1 in history.

Then we will beat them saturday and they will be 4-4 in the Big XII, then maybe people will stop hyping overachieving Rick Barnes who has lottery picks sail through on a regular basis and has NEVER even won the Big XII tournament.

I wouldn't use quite this much hyperbole, but I will say that Rick Barnes' Texas teams are generally one of the least "scary" teams out there when they are highly ranked.

They have a history of losing to mediocre teams on the road and even will often drop a game at home that they shouldn't.

For example, if we were playing Kansas in Lawrence this year, I would think that we have maybe a 1 percent chance to win up there.

However, I really feel like we have a punchers' chance of beating Texas down in Austin. The Frank Erwin Center just isn't one of the tougher places to play, when you're talking about playing a highly ranked team on the road.

Norman, College Station and even Waco and Lubbock are much tougher places to play when those teams are NCAA Tournament caliber or ranked.

Good post. Agree 100%. Kelvin used to abuse little Ricky.

I think Texas will win because they will be too strong inside, but I think we should all be rooting for OSU to win because they could count as a quality win for us if they finish out strong and this win would boost them to the top 25 possibly.

In summary, rooting for OSU (gross) but picked Texas and think they will win.

I would like to see an OSU fan choke Damion James like that one Stoolwater Hillbilly did T.J. Ford that one year when he went diving into the stands for a loose ball. Wish we had youtube of that.

I was thinking about that today too. Except in my version instead of James Thomas going into the crowd throwing haymakers, it would be Dexter Pittman....which would leave him suspended for the game in Norman.

Can't hurt to dream, can it?:eek:

Anderson had a big day last year against texas. It will be interesting what barnes does to stop him. Anybody know if penn is cleared to play?

I have a feeling the aggies pull out a close one. Ford is turning into a good coach.

I'll be pulling for Oklahoma State (the day I root for Texas in anything is the day I die).
That said, I think Texas wins.

12 point game, 1:23 left. Wonder how much of OSU-Texas we will miss.

Back