Texas prospect news (Tony Mitchell)

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
http://www.metroplexhoops.com/AnnouncementRetrieve.aspx?ID=30720

The week has been pretty slow with the high school season officially tipping off next Wednesday. In the meantime two players from the metroplex gave verbals and the top 2011 player in the state is taking an unofficial visit today.

Sacshe junior Darius Singleton gave the T.C.U. Horned Frogs his verbal pledge late Monday night.

Yesterday Waxahachie's Jamison Stern gave the UTEP Miners his verbal pledge.

The LeBryan Nash camp will take the journey down to Austin as Rick Barnes & Co. make their case as to why the state's top junior should wear "burnt orange" in two years. With no football game this weekend in Austin, look for all attention to be on the Lincoln star.

Tony Mitchel Update: Per his high school coach, Tony has narrowed his top four down to: Missouri, Georgetown, Marquette, and North Texas.

Looks like OU is not recruitng him. I hope this is good news for OU to not recruit such a good player. He has narrowed his schools to Georgetown, Missouri, Marquette, and North Texas. If he's to go to Missouri, that is giving them one hell of a class and that indicates they have someone on their staff that is cleaning up in the Texas area.

I am sure that Coach Capel has a good reason as to why he isn't going after Mitchell. He would be a great get for mizzou.

Glenn Smith over at metroplexhoops.com is putting out some great info. :clap

Just because you didn't make the final cut doesn't mean you weren't recruiting him. Every now and then a recruit does decide OU isn't for him.

MU isn't doing anything special in Texas. Pressey has known Anderson basically his entire life. With Mitchell, Pressey's been as instrumental as anything the coaches have done.

Just because you didn't make the final cut doesn't mean you weren't recruiting him. Every now and then a recruit does decide OU isn't for him.

MU isn't doing anything special in Texas. Pressey has known Anderson basically his entire life. With Mitchell, Pressey's been as instrumental as anything the coaches have done.

He never has really been mentioned with OU much. So from that take, OU hasn't recruited him. I think I saw where he listed OU twice and we all know he never recieved an offer.

I guess... MU has been involved heavily with several players and wasn't really mentioned much. The lack of a persistent media connection doesn't always mean a coach wouldn't like to have a player. Sometimes recruits just aren't that responsive to what a coach is selling (or maybe that doesn't happen at OU).

I guess... MU has been involved heavily with several players and wasn't really mentioned much. The lack of a persistent media connection doesn't always mean a coach wouldn't like to have a player. Sometimes recruits just aren't that responsive to what a coach is selling (or maybe that doesn't happen at OU).

OU certainly swings and misses for recruits (just like every team in the country). However, from what I understand regarding the Mitchell recruitment, there was some mutual interest, but nothing that resulted in an offer.

pretty sure ou didn't seriously recruit mitchell.

Back