Tony Neysmith
Orlando Allen
Kyle Cannon
Juan Pattillo
Ray Willis
Tommy Mason-Griffin
T.J. Taylor
Abdul Ahmed (maybe? maybe not?)

Editor's note: Tommy Mason-Griffin is included because he "declared" when he and everyone in the world knew he had no prayer of being drafted. Tommy had no intentions of returning to OU for another season regardless of his professional prospects. Keith Gallon is not included because he declared and was in fact drafted.

Last edited:
Some pretty good players on that list...

Keith Clark, TMG, Juan Pattillo, Bobby Maze, and perhaps TJ Taylor.

Hardly anyone remembers Chris Early. I'll admit I didn't at first when I compiled this list. For the past three seasons (including this one) he has been at Tennessee-Chattanooga. He is currently averaging 7.9 PPG and 6.6 REB in 23.8 MPG.

May their memory live on forever :OUbball-logo:

Chris Early
Keith Clark
Bobby Maze
Tony Neysmith
Orlando Allen
Kyle Cannon
Juan Pattillo
Ray Willis
Tommy Mason-Griffin
T.J. Taylor
Kyle Hardrick
Orande "eyebrows" Talifeiro

Editor's note: Tommy Mason-Griffin is included because he "declared" when he and everyone in the world knew he had no prayer of being drafted. Tommy had no intentions of returning to OU for another season regardless of his professional prospects. Keith Gallon is not included because he declared and was in fact drafted.

Fify. You dunn made a brotha laugh.

Pattillo and Clark are the ones that really stung. But its their faults that they couldn't stay academically eligible.

Pattillo and Clark are the ones that really stung. But its their faults that they couldn't stay academically eligible.

It's their fault assuming they got the support and oversight they were meant to receive. If the account in another thread of the post-injury handling of Taylor is accurate, it leaves me wondering if our basketball staff is conscientious and hands-on enough.

It's their fault assuming they got the support and oversight they were meant to receive. If the account in another thread of the post-injury handling of Taylor is accurate, it leaves me wondering if our basketball staff is conscientious and hands-on enough.

That's what it looks like.

Patillo was TROUBLE! he was STEALING stuff. thats why he got kicked off. someone on the team from that year told me that! i was very close with a lot of those guys on the team that year.

"Wonderin' where ima ball next year...too bad i aint stay at ou"

Sincerely,

Juan Pattillo

May their memories live on forever :OUbball-logo:

Chris Early
Keith Clark
Bobby Maze
Tony Neysmith
Orlando Allen
Kyle Cannon
Juan Pattillo
Ray Willis
Tommy Mason-Griffin
T.J. Taylor

We will be fine without them!

Kelvin Sampson had a similar number of guys leave throughout his career, many of them regular contributors - from Prince Fowler to Lou Moore to Ryan Humphrey to J.R. Raymond to DeAngelo Alexander to Drew Lavendar and about a dozen or two in between. I always said that Kelvin Sampson had to accept his share of the blame for recruiting those players, so I'm not going to change my stance just because I like Coach Capel (I liked Coach Sampson as well).

I wonder how many who are criticizing Coach Capel were the ones making excuses for Kelvin Sampson. Here's an idea. How about sticking to one opinion regardless of the coach?

The worst part is that Sampson lost so many in his last few years. This has to stop. Regardless if it is the coaches fault, the players fault or both, OU needs to stop this trend. I don't know the current rules on graduation but I am worried OU is going to get in trouble over this issue and lose a scholarship.

Patillo was TROUBLE! he was STEALING stuff. thats why he got kicked off. someone on the team from that year told me that! i was very close with a lot of those guys on the team that year.

Well I know for a fact that Patillo came out of redshirting b/c the coach's knew that he was not going to be on the team the following year..for academic and for stealing.

Back