Calling OUr Pessimist, a Question of bgrch1350

You're arguing with yourself. To my knowledge, no one has raved about how wonderful Coach Capel was. I'm well-aware of what he was good at and bad at. That's why I enjoy reading some of these funny stories that have no basis of fact.

In the meantime, I don't partake in rewriting history. Coach Capel won 4 NCAA Tournament games at OU, and refreshingly didn't lose as a higher seed in his 4 chances. He brought in the best future NBA player the program has ever had by far. He also did a terrible job MANAGING the men's basketball program. He continuously never had a backup plan when he didn't land the top prize. As a result, he was rightfully let go. I'm glad we have Coach Kruger...and this is what one would call BEING OBJECTIVE, not delusional.

Good post!

I think he might have a right to speak after tonight

Why? La Tech is good and we are not playing that good the last 3 games. Bad thing is the start of our conference schedule is killer. Could lose the 1st four games.
I said it before we are not as good as our record. We (I think) have played above our heads at the start. The goal is to finish in the top five of the conference. That is going to be real hard. Lack of post depth will and is starting to catch up to us. Guards are struggling now especially defensively but also on offense.
Before the year started off you would tell anyone that we would only have two losses heading into conference play, everyone would have taken that.

Sent from cool phone

IDK, we lose so we automatically have to call to fire Stoops like the football posters right? It was more of a sarcastic post but im sure a lot of people will see it as a bad loss. I see it more of a blown win...and a SFA loss, one that won't kill but doesn't help.

You're arguing with yourself. To my knowledge, no one has raved about how wonderful Coach Capel was. I'm well-aware of what he was good at and bad at. That's why I enjoy reading some of these funny stories that have no basis of fact.

In the meantime, I don't partake in rewriting history. Coach Capel won 4 NCAA Tournament games at OU, and refreshingly didn't lose as a higher seed in his 4 chances. He brought in the best future NBA player the program has ever had by far. He also did a terrible job MANAGING the men's basketball program. He continuously never had a backup plan when he didn't land the top prize. As a result, he was rightfully let go. I'm glad we have Coach Kruger...and this is what one would call BEING OBJECTIVE, not delusional.

I wondered if you would identify yourself as a Capel defender. LOL. I do respect the fact your positions haven't changed though unlike some others in this thread.

Last edited:
Back