The Ford Center

JDSooners

Reaction score
Watched my second game in the Ford Center, the Women's Regional Final now yesterdays game.

The arena makes the game boring. Don't see what the NBA can bring to get fans rowdy in that place. Still intend to go to an NBA game to see.

Think Lloyd Noble still has better video boards than Ford Center, think the screens in the baseline rafters are pretty cool but look too grainy from the ground up.
The player stats look too small.

Arena still looks like a shell of a sports palace. don't like the section identifiers directly on regular concrete. The concourse still seems plain

Did you ever think that 50 people in an 18,000 arena made it boring?

When the game tipped, there might of been 3,000 (2,000 OU fans) in the building. It looked funny, felt funny and everyone was wearing orange. The ford center is a great venue, but way to large for this kind of event. It crossed my mind more than once.

More puke's show up for all-college every year, well every year they play in it. It was that way last year. It was that way during the Big XII tourney

The NBA brings top-notch marketing who know how to push people's buttons when they get in there. They've now created an atmosphere such that people expect to be somewhat rowdy when they are there. So, it kind of builds on itself.

I think the Capelables are doing the same thing with the student section. It seems like that the students are knowing what to expect more and more each game--and are enjoying it (things like the big heads, etc.).

Did you ever think that 50 people in an 18,000 arena made it boring?

Was the 50 people the attendance or the people around you?

Reguardless I'd rather play at the LNC.

Been to the Myraid and the Ford Center for the All-College, maybe its the All College.

The halftime was weak.

Maybe the split crowd is what made it lame, in addition to the ho-hum season we are having.

More puke's show up for all-college every year, well every year they play in it. It was that way last year. It was that way during the Big XII tourney

It just looks that way because they wear a shade of orange that can be seen from outer space. I was at the Big 12 tournament last year and our game against them was about 50/50.

If anything there were more OU fans at the Big 12 game last year but it was close to 50/50.

Ford Center is not an NBA arena, the team will be pushing for a new site in the future, they lose tons of revenue based on the seating configuration.

Think Lloyd Noble still has better video boards than Ford Center, think the screens in the baseline rafters are pretty cool but look too grainy from the ground up.
The player stats look too small.

The worst part about LNC boards is all the advertising wasting space so we can't see stats. I am in donor seats at LNC and cant see OU personal stats because 1 is behind the boards on the opposite side and the other is directly behind me. Do they really have to show Love's the whole damn game?

Ford Center is not an NBA arena, the team will be pushing for a new site in the future, they lose tons of revenue based on the seating configuration.

yes it is and after next summer in will be in teh top 10 of nba arenas

and the seating config .. is pretty much the same as every Nba arena

The new scoreboard cost 4 million. I was taken on a tour, by a Thunder advertising exec, of the new underground stuff after the Mavs game last week.

The new 5 founders sweets, the new restaurants for the big dogs and the new locker rooms are all 1st class. The majority of the money has yet to be spent for the public upgrades.

The new restaurant/ bar, that only the big dog get to use, has about a 16' X9' screen with 4- 82" plasmas on each side to watch other games. All 1st class.

Back