The LNC getting ribbon boards, new court design?

Sooner23

Reaction score
Did someone on this board say this was happening this offseason, or was it just speculation?

Did someone on this board say this was happening this offseason, or was it just speculation?

Damn, 23. You really had my hopes upfrom the title. Ribbon Boards would really lighten the place up and give it some new life. I have heard anything about us getting them this year....I wish though.

Ribbon boards wouldn't even be possible right now without a renovation of the stadium unless I am just not thinking of another way. Every arena that has ribbon boards basically has them below or above the suites. The only place to put them separating the lower and upper seating bowl would be where people could walk in front of them which would certainly be unusual and probably not a good idea.

As for a court design, I'd kind of liked to see something new but I like what we have now too.

Man i just wish we would have an outline or color filled state of oklahoma behind the OU at center court, lots of teams do it, ut, unc, msu, and i think it would be awesome.

Heck I just wish our seats weren't orange...

Heck I just wish our seats weren't orange...

careful now...u will be called color blind. Atleast on the old board you would be. For some reason people won't admit that they are orange

Man i just wish we would have an outline or color filled state of oklahoma behind the OU at center court, lots of teams do it, ut, unc, msu, and i think it would be awesome.

That would be sweet....

careful now...u will be called color blind. Atleast on the old board you would be. For some reason people won't admit that they are orange

Ours aren't the right color of red, but they aren't orange. OSU has orange seats.

norman_noble2.jpg

ok304.JPG

the donor seats and some of the lower seats are the wrong kind of red and not orange but the rest of them are orange imo

the plastic seats have faded in color in the last 25+ years but the worst "off" color in the place is the Carl's Jr banner over the monster truck entrance. that thing looks hideous on TV.

Think the donor cushions being a weird color of red make the plastic seats seem soo much more orange. Wonder if there is a pic of the stadium when the seats were new back in the 70s

Whenever I touch anything orange, I break out into a rash and vomit. This has never happened during my 30+ years as a season ticket holder at the LNC.

Whenever I touch anything orange, I break out into a rash and vomit. This has never happened during my 30+ years as a season ticket holder at the LNC.

Must be a donor and sit on the red cushions like I do....

I remember a funny story that happened during the Sampson era. Around 100 students attended an open practice before the season started and Kelvin fielded a Q&A session after the practice was over. One student asked Kelvin why the seats were orange when our primary color is crimson. KS got surprisingly angry and nearly threw the kid out. He repeated that the seats were red like 10 times before moving on to the next question. :kelvin

Back