The Official Trae Young Accolades Thread

I'm going to give Trae an accolade: I love his postgame interviews (like today's) in which he rushes to give credit to his teammates. I mean he had 43 points today, and the first thing out of his mouth was praise for his teammates.

What a wise young man we have.

Those two pessimistic comments are true but it is also true that the parity that exists today did not exist back then. Therefore it was easier to put up big numbers against the weaker teams and only 5 guys could play at a time on the loaded teams. Additionally nobody has been able to rival Pistol Pete for decades. Therefore, it really isn't necessary to discount what Trae is doing.

You don't have to defend Trae. There is no bigger fan of what Trae is doing than me. Pointing out that Maravich would have had more possessions with a shot clock is in no way "discounting" Trae's performance.

I'm going to give Trae an accolade: I love his postgame interviews (like today's) in which he rushes to give credit to his teammates. I mean he had 43 points today, and the first thing out of his mouth was praise for his teammates.

What a wise young man we have.

He does seem like a good kid. I hope he keeps that.

Look at his dad. On the one hand you have Mr Ball on the other you have Mr Young.

One of those articles (a couple back) says Trae is not an A level athlete. What the hell does that mean. He is the best player in college basketball. I got news for everyone, if you are the best player in college basketball your athletic ability is off the chart.

I will take hand eye coordination and "it" over any other traits you want to use to rank athletes. Add to that speed and quickness and it is not even debatable. Trae is such an amazing athlete that he is crushing people before he is even fully developed.

I so wish I wasn't an A level athlete like Trae Young.

One of those articles (a couple back) says Trae is not an A level athlete. What the hell does that mean. He is the best player in college basketball. I got news for everyone, if you are the best player in college basketball your athletic ability is off the chart.

I will take hand eye coordination and "it" over any other traits you want to use to rank athletes. Add to that speed and quickness and it is not even debatable. Trae is such an amazing athlete that he is crushing people before he is even fully developed.

I so wish I wasn't an A level athlete like Trae Young.

What could they be thinking he's missing to be considered an 'A-Level Athlete'? He has speed and quickness. He probably lacks some strength but that will come as his body matures.

Back