The Oversell of Surprise Team in Texas

Chaser728

Reaction score
Maybe this is just my pure hatred of everything University of Texas; but I'm getting tired of hearing about how good a job Rick Barnes has done and what a surprise they are this year! I think ESPN forgets how good of a class Rick Barnes signed in 2012: they signed 4 players rated in the top 100, one if which was a 5 Star recruit!

Is this team a surprise? Yes, but not because Rick Barnes has done a good job coaching them up. I believe it is more because he underachieved as a coach the last few years that he looks like he's done such a good job! I am an overweight guy who has been a part of quite a few diet programs over the years. Was it a surprise when I would loose 10 pounds in one week? Maybe. But that amount of weightless was not as much a product of my dedication to the program as much as it was my being so overweight that it was easy to loose that much just by giving a little effort.

One last thing: Texas Sucks!

ESPiN OWNS tu with the longwhorn network! They are sellin' the network! Nobody wants it!

AND you're 110% correct! texas DOES suck!!!

Getting drilled by KSU - albeit very early.

Luck of the schedule so far. Four of their final 9 games are on the road against the 4 best teams in conference... starting today with KS.

Maybe this is just my pure hatred of everything University of Texas; but I'm getting tired of hearing about how good a job Rick Barnes has done and what a surprise they are this year! I think ESPN forgets how good of a class Rick Barnes signed in 2012: they signed 4 players rated in the top 100, one if which was a 5 Star recruit!

Is this team a surprise? Yes, but not because Rick Barnes has done a good job coaching them up. I believe it is more because he underachieved as a coach the last few years that he looks like he's done such a good job! I am an overweight guy who has been a part of quite a few diet programs over the years. Was it a surprise when I would loose 10 pounds in one week? Maybe. But that amount of weightless was not as much a product of my dedication to the program as much as it was my being so overweight that it was easy to loose that much just by giving a little effort.

One last thing: Texas Sucks!

IMO, Barnes has always been a good, not great, coach. His biggest problem over the last two seasons was that he had recruited too many "one and done' type players. When you don't have quality depth in your program and you lose a couple of good one-year/two-year players, then it affects your team chemistry and results on the floor. It seems like he's now recruiting the right type of player who will stay 3-4 years. And K-State is drilling them right now.

Congratulations on your weight loss. Keep up the good work.

IMO, Barnes has always been a good, not great, coach. His biggest problem over the last two seasons was that he had recruited too many "one and done' type players. When you don't have quality depth in your program and you lose a couple of good one-year/two-year players, then it affects your team chemistry and results on the floor. It seems like he's now recruiting the right type of player who will stay 3-4 years. And K-State is drilling them right now.

Congratulations on your weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! And I agree with your assessment of Barnes as a coach .

Agreed. Kansas State is probably the sixth best team in the Big 12.

KSU is better than Texas - at least when they matchup. They outplayed them in Austin but lost, but thumped them today.

Back