The true center is back in the Big 12

I am not trying to be a Baylor thumper all the time on here, but I think you have to include Ekpe Udoh in the impact big men. He's Baylor's best player- always picked first in pick-up games. One high school coach that worked Baylor's camp last week thought Udoh was the best kept secret in the country. Defensively he's a proven commodity (3 blocks per game at Michigan), but they think he's going to surprise with his offensive efficiency.

He's 6'10" with a 7'3" wingspan. And he is chiseled up- very strong. You have 5 impact big men in the big 12:

Brackins
Aldrich
Pittman
Udoh
Gallon

You also have a group of guys that play big but are in the 6'6" to 6'8" range- some of them could step up and be huge contributors in 2009. But it is likely that the only dominant big men performances are going to come from the above group.

Judge
Moses
Acy
Morris twins
James
Ramsey
Bryan Davis
Dufault
Singletary
McCray

Define "big man performance", because Moses had some monster games of the 16 and 13 variety during the big XII season. He was really, really solid in Big XII play.

Udoh will be interesting to watch this season.

Define "big man performance", because Moses had some monster games of the 16 and 13 variety during the big XII season. He was really, really solid in Big XII play.

Udoh will be interesting to watch this season.

Moses is very good. He can be an offensive force and he has the strength to hold his own defensively. But those four inches Brackins, Pittman, Udoh, Aldrich and Gallon have on Moses is going to be a problem for OSU.

It's not done yet, but he was in Stillwater and there is a lot of smoke there.

He would really make your team better....

Here some video of him

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34XtZ7mzdKA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34XtZ7mzdKA[/ame]

He reminds me of Mario Boggan. Hopefully without the Head Butts on senior night.

He reminds me of Mario Boggan. Hopefully without the Head Butts on senior night.

He won't be near the scorer as Boggan and hopefully not nearly as selfish on and off the court.

Yeah. Boggan was friggin' ridiculous offensively. 60% shooter from the field, would have been a lot higher if he hadn't felt the need to try out his 25% three point shot.

He also had the shortest vertical of everyone in his Draft Class at the combine.

Back