This guy is the real deal.

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
:pledge

He didn't come to OU to wait his turn, he's trying to get his now. I'm going to love seeing this kid play for the next 4 years, if he makes it that long.

He didn't come to OU to wait his turn, he's trying to get his now. I'm going to love seeing this kid play for the next 4 years, if he makes it that long.

I already knew it. But even in knowing this, I am still impressed!

I got jumped on this summer, by "those fans", for saying I thought Pledger might end up being the best college guard that Capel has recruited to date.

Kid can ball, has size, and is smart. I expect him to start at the 2/3 for the next 3 years.

Warren will be better, but Pledger is a playa.

Remember, I said at OU. That means we get to compare 4 years of Pledger, and his senior year, to 2 years of WW, and only his soph year.

Time will tell.

I love is intense attitude when he makes a mistake, not whining but angry. He will be a team leader Sooner rather than later.

Just wait! Steve will do anything it takes for his team to win. He will rebound, dive for loose balls, and take the ball to the basket too! Lookout, the BIRD has landed in SOONERLAND! BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:woot

If this kid is as he appears, he WILL NOT be at OU for 4 years...maybe not even 3. With his length and ability to shoot it, he will be a pro sooner than we want...

I'm not even close to an x's and o's guru but it seems that when he and Willie are on the floor at the same time, it really presents a delima for the defense. Do you put your best defender on Willie and risk Pledger going off or put your best defender on Pledger and risk Willie going off.

I'm not even close to an x's and o's guru but it seems that when he and Willie are on the floor at the same time, it really presents a delima for the defense. Do you put your best defender on Willie and risk Pledger going off or put your best defender on Pledger and risk Willie going off.

very good observation. Draw and dish. WW knows he's going to collapse the d and someone will be open.

gave his man fits on defense when they tried posting him up. bird did a great job of pushing his man off the block and not let him reposition either.

freshman? pffft. none of the big four rooks looked like it was their first d-1 game.

gave his man fits on defense when they tried posting him up. bird did a great job of pushing his man off the block and not let him reposition either.

freshman? pffft. none of the big four rooks looked like it was their first d-1 game.

Granted, he's not going to score 21 points a game. he'll probably average alot less than that. But this kid did his role. Last year, Willie tried to get Crocker and Cade off several times last year, and on occasions they knocked down shots and on occassions they were lost on the courts with him. This guy is showing he can play with Willie and that Willie can play with him. Willie is going to increasingly call his number when Ryan Wrights and Tony Crockers dont come through.

If this kid is as he appears, he WILL NOT be at OU for 4 years...maybe not even 3. With his length and ability to shoot it, he will be a pro sooner than we want...

I don't see that at all. As good as I think he is, and as high as his upside may be, I don't see any way he isn't in school for 4 years.

Granted, he's not going to score 21 points a game. he'll probably average alot less than that. But this kid did his role. Last year, Willie tried to get Crocker and Cade off several times last year, and on occasions they knocked down shots and on occassions they were lost on the courts with him. This guy is showing he can play with Willie and that Willie can play with him. Willie is going to increasingly call his number when Ryan Wrights and Tony Crockers dont come through.

oh don't get me wrong. the fab four will definitely have a lot of moments where they remind us they are still freshmen.

oh don't get me wrong. the fab four will definitely have a lot of moments where they remind us they are still freshmen.

Which is another reason to leave the starting 5 alone for now. Let's wait and let these frosh play against some better competition, struggle some, and hit their "wall" before throwing them in the starting lineup. When that happens, we'll need guys like Davis/Willis and Big O to give us minutes.

Defense in the paint and rebounding - other than Tiny - needs to come around. How we look after our first real test against some talented "Bigs" will be a good measuring mark.

Back