This is two games against crap teams that OU has not looked good...

So, in the end, they forced NOTHING. The other team CHOSE to play them that way because they'd beat the soup outta them. Naming OU/UNLV in the 80's is ALSO a bad example, because they just flat out-athleted everyone. NO TEAM does this today AND OU does NOT have the same kind of run and gun athlete those teams had and JC's offense is not designed to work that way.

My point was a team like OU can't just change who they are just to force tempo when that's not their M.O....

You are just not accurate about OU and UNLV. They did not have better players than everyone else. They forced tempo and made teams play at a pace they were not comfortable.

Your comments about Loyola are interesting. I don't think many people woudl agree that Loyola and Westhaed (thanks Grace) did not consistently force tempo.

We DID force tempo a little bit...we scored 72 pts in a slow-tempo game.

What was the score at half?

Was a good adjustment by Capel for the next 20 minutes, but we need to be on the ball from the get-go. Guys might get a bit tired, but we have a bit more depth at that position than on the interior.

OU has looked just as bad so far, and I wont pick this team (with 4 freshman and a soph as the only main contributors) to go into Stillwater and beat Oklahoma State

I don't care for your opinions (consistently negative) but I respect your freedom to "tell it like you see it". What sickens me (and what seems to be your misconception causing all this unnecessary worry) is that our veteran players are not considered "main contributors".

Coach Capel is teaching the new guys how to win on this level. Unlike you, I trust that he knows best how to do that. You're not impressed with the freshmen... so what?

Try getting behind your team and giving them some positive energy. Kinda like what that non-contributor Cade Davis did or maybe that has-been Tony Crocker...

(last sentence was sarcasm just in case anyone thinks I was serious)

Kelvin won many games against more talented teams by dictating the pace of the game. That's exactly what ULM attempted to do. That's what any team that doesn't match up well athletically will do. The difference is that ULM wasn't able to win the game.

I thought that ULM played exactly like a Kelvin Sampson type team.

Certainly room for improvement for the good guys, but I think some of the credit should go to ULM for making us look bad. Game played out exactly like it should have IMHO, the team with more D-I expereince came in and dictated the pace in the first half and the team with more talent dictated pace [and final result] in the second half.

Overall, this game was about the best result that we as fans could have hoped for, the outcome of the game was never really in doubt in the second half, but :jcapel now has the perfect foundation to preach some things to the players. I expect a much more fired up and focused OU basketball squad this Saturday...in no small part because of this game. Had we coasted to a 30 pt. win here, we might have been in trouble vs. VCU becuase no matter who is on your team, you are going to have a game that you let get away from you b/c of believing your own press.

You are just not accurate about OU and UNLV. They did not have better players than everyone else. They forced tempo and made teams play at a pace they were not comfortable.

Man, you watched different teams than I did. OU and UNLV (when they were running people outta the building) had LOADS of THOSE KINDS of athletes (I didn't say better players). I was at those games.

Your comments about Loyola are interesting. I don't think many people woudl agree that Loyola and Westhaed (thanks Grace) did not consistently force tempo.

I'm just not sure I'd classify it as FORCING TEMPO if, in the end, they got killed. Now, sure, when they had better athletes, they beat up on a few decent teams, but for the most part good teams beat them up. In other words, "forcing tempo" and "not playing any defense" are two different things.

Guess because are we are a young team struggling now the rest of the season is doomed. Two bad games out weigh the impact of cruising to a win over a NCAA tournament team from last year that returned the bulk of their starting line up (Mount St. Mary). Guess the post defense will never improve or the young kids will never play well again (since Mount St Mary was a fluke and all).:rolleyes:

Man, you watched different teams than I did. OU and UNLV (when they were running people outta the building) had LOADS of THOSE KINDS of athletes (I didn't say better players). I was at those games.

So was I. I would not say OU had better athletes after 1990. There was a few years where OU had really strong team but after that it was simply the style of play.

So was I. I would not say OU had better athletes after 1990. There was a few years where OU had really strong team but after that it was simply the style of play.

In the 80's, there were not many better programs. They were REALLY good most every year after say 82/83...

They didn't dictate tempo as much after the 1990 debacle (I think that was the year), which I believe ultimately lead to Tubbs jumping ship.

The good thing about all this debate is it really doesnt matter either way...

Those were two games against lesser talent and we got the W...

If anyone on here thinks this team should be playing excellent ball right now then they dont know much about college basketball or the makeup of our roster...

I know this is a tourney team, what seed at this point? i dont know that...

I also know this is a team that will be playing it's best ball later in the year based on its roster and youth (barring injuries of course)...

This team will finish in the top half of the conference and hopefully have enough juice in the Tourney to make some noise, but they have a long way to go...much like 90% of the other teams in the nation....

BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS! SOONERS are 2-0 after two games. However, 2-3 posters on the board know how the season is going to go without the rest of the games being played. To get your psychic OU BASKETBALL record reading for just a one time offer of $5.95 please call 1-800-555-... This is so funny. Let's just enjoy the season and watch this team grow. It sure is going to be fun. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:ez-laugh:

BREAKING NEWS! BREAKING NEWS! SOONERS are 2-0 after two games. However, 2-3 posters on the board know how the season is going to go without the rest of the games being played. To get your psychic OU BASKETBALL record reading for just a one time offer of $5.95 please call 1-800-555-... This is so funny. Let's just enjoy the season and watch this team grow. It sure is going to be fun. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:ez-laugh:

I agree with much of this. We are just fine this year with OU basketball. Yes we will have our down games and we'll look really good some games. After the VCU game the tone in here will be like we are a great team I bet if things go like I expect. But we could easily lose to a lesser team and those same fans will beat up on us.

LMAO.....we're crazy, yet you KNOW our concerns won't come true.

Is that like the psychic calling the psychic?

Stick around and enjoy this fun season with our basketball team. It's so nice to have some of the best players in the nation on our team isn't it. Oh yeah, you have to love the fact that we have one of the best coaches in the nation coaching our vets and these young talented freshmen. What a season it will be. Wasn't that wonderful to see our team respond to adversity last night. What a great lesson and example for our young guys to look back on and learn from. When I watched the game last night it ended with OU-72 ulm-61. You know what that means. It means OU won. Please don't be bitter. Relax and smile. You'll find that your day will be much better. By the way. Continue to support your SOONERS. It's going to be a fun year man. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap:OUbball-logo:

Back