This one is on moser

cowboysooner

Reaction score
He let one kid, harmless,single handily lose this game. It was completely unfair to the team. Love ej but his head never left Norman. I don’t think I have ever seen a kid play a worse half of ball. Not suggesting it was intentional. But it was Unbelievable. Apparently moser left his brain in Norman as well. Unrelated. I had lampoon with 8 uncalled 3seconds in the lane that went uncalled. In one instance he was in the lane for 11 seconds. The kid he threw it to for a layup had been the lane for 4-5 seconds before he shot the ball. And finally I would to see Jacob in on the last second 3point situations as he tall enough to get a shot off. This is twice no has had his shot blocked

He let one kid, harmless,single handily lose this game. It was completely unfair to the team. Love ej but his head never left Norman. I don’t think I have ever seen a kid play a worse half of ball. Not suggesting it was intentional. But it was Unbelievable. Apparently moser left his brain in Norman as well. Unrelated. I had lampoon with 8 uncalled 3seconds in the lane that went uncalled. In one instance he was in the lane for 11 seconds. The kid he threw it to for a layup had been the lane for 4-5 seconds before he shot the ball. And finally I would to see Jacob in on the last second 3point situations as he tall enough to get a shot off. This is twice no has had his shot blocked

I don't disagree that Harkless' play was one of the main culprits in the loss today, but who else was Moser going to play? Noland was very bad the few the minutes that he played. Jacob Groves was ok I guess, but couldn't shoot a lick and was having a hard time with the athletes on the floor. And let's not forget that Groves wasn't very good today either and Gibson was ice cold for 36 of the 40 minutes. I don't know who you put in there to complete the 5 on the floor.

Noland looks like he working his way to play DT for the football team… dude has put on some weight since he got here.

Crappy decisions by a lot of guys. Actually Hill was the one guy that I thought played decent…

I don't disagree that Harkless' play was one of the main culprits in the loss today, but who else was Moser going to play? Noland was very bad the few the minutes that he played. Jacob Groves was ok I guess, but couldn't shoot a lick and was having a hard time with the athletes on the floor. And let's not forget that Groves wasn't very good today either and Gibson was ice cold for 36 of the 40 minutes. I don't know who you put in there to complete the 5 on the floor.

I think there is something you can do even if benching him isn’t an option. Part of coaching is getting guys to know there limits and play within their role. His role should never be handling the ball unless it is absolutely necessary. But as for today, I’d suggest maybe playing big … play Jacob for Harkless and see if that works. We tried that once but I think Mo was the guard off the floor when we did.

I think there is something you can do even if benching him isn’t an option. Part of coaching is getting guys to know there limits and play within their role. His role should never be handling the ball unless it is absolutely necessary. But as for today, I’d suggest maybe playing big … play Jacob for Harkless and see if that works. We tried that once but I think Mo was the guard off the floor when we did.

We really needed Chargois today. Having him really helps stretch a defense at times. And Rick/Muwein aren't really close to even competing at this level yet. You may have not been able to tell on TV, but Tanner was getting the hell beat out of him inside. They threw three physical big guys at him and they pushed him around (personally, a few more fouls should have been called). I agree that I rarely, if ever, like running the offense through Harkless.....especially when he gets in the mode of thinking he can beat Michael Jordan off the dribble. Jacob didn't play bad, but he was struggling a bit on defense away from the ball. I was just as upset with our shot selection (including Harkless) as I was the turnovers.

The belief that we would be better than the last few years is being eroded. Look we are probably better than we should be this year but Moser is gonna have this program going the right direction sooner or later. We just don't have the talent right now.

The belief that we would be better than the last few years is being eroded. Look we are probably better than we should be this year but Moser is gonna have this program going the right direction sooner or later. We just don't have the talent right now.

I agree. Moser will recruit the right guys but it’s gonna take time.

Harkless with way to many turnovers. Then the three in overtime he stopped chasing the guy at the hoop. Goes unguarded to the corner. He played well defensively most of the game but what a time to stop.

If Moser was partially to blame for this loss, this is how I see it:

a) He tried to stay with a ten man rotation when the 9th and 10th players should have stayed on the bench in a game we needed to win. They’re both still learning to play in real time, and it’s not helping us much. They hurt more than helped in today’s game.

b) He stayed with Harkless way too long. This team’s margin to win a game is too short to overcome seven turnovers and countless poor decisions and missed shots. Unfortunately, he was also the one who took the final shot. I thought we had seen the last of hero ball. Guess I was wrong.

But, IMO none of that would have mattered if Ethan had been available. Rick and Akol would never have seen the floor if he had been there. Better defense, a few points and three or four rebounds may have been all we needed to win this game.

If we take care of business against KU, and I believe we will, it will help us forget about today’s game!

This team has to make 3's to win...when we shoot 22% or less, we're in trouble. I didn't get to see the game, but if you're having to go inside to score and the play is physical, it's not a good thing.

Mo has to shoot better and make better decisions....all of his shots were from 3. He has to put the ball on the floor and drive or shoot the 15 footers.

We don't have enough size inside to beat teams or consistent guard players that can score inside. So making 3's needs to happen to win most games.

This team has to make 3's to win...when we shoot 22% or less, we're in trouble. I didn't get to see the game, but if you're having to go inside to score and the play is physical, it's not a good thing.

Mo has to shoot better and make better decisions....all of his shots were from 3. He has to put the ball on the floor and drive or shoot the 15 footers.

I agree with the general sentiment. But as poorly as we shot the three, we win comfortably today if we take care of the ball, convert more layups, and make better decisions. And by taking care of the ball, I don’t even mean having a low turnover game. We could have won that game with 15-16 turnovers, which is still a high number. It’s always tough to pick out individual plays in a game like that, but the back to back fast breaks in the second half that Harkless botched really hurt us. They came at a time when we had a chance to take complete control.

This is a “try hard” team. They also have decent size in the backcourt. If you have big(ger) guards and your tell sells out on defense, you can find some wins. I also think the general plan on offense is pretty sound. But if when you lack BOTH athleticism AND shooting, it really limits what a coach can do to scheme-up offense.

This team just isn’t very talented. The older players are tough. Resourceful. They will fight and scrap. But they are all extremely limited in their raw physical gifts. There is a little more there with some of the younger guys, but they are raw and inexperienced. And there aren’t any five-stars there either.

Harkless is our best option late in games. That’s not a great thing, but it’s the reality. Didn’t work out today. The offense was just brutal pretty much all game. When we get some three’s to drop, it’s not so bad. But we have very little margin for error.

Making the tourney would be great for this team. I’m iffy on whether or not they can do it. I could see a long losing streak on the horizon. But for a transition year, this is OK. Between Loyola and here I think it’s pretty clear Moser can coach em up. The key now is getting the level of talent on campus that can take that coaching somewhere.

Harkless should be a guy not THE guy. But he wants to be THE guy IMO. Hes a really good above average role player, he needs to stop trying to be the star sometimes

Then the three in overtime he stopped chasing the guy at the hoop. Goes unguarded to the corner. He played well defensively most of the game but what a time to stop.
Bingo. Stopped right in the middle of the lane. I couldn't believe it.

If Harkless is your dude, your "A" player, your ceiling isn't very high as a team.

The offense just isn't there this year to really be an NCAA Tournament team. Maybe if Bijan and Noland develop and we get some other weapons there that can be something good to build around for a couple years. Hopefully this team is good enough to make a post season after the Big 12 tournament. I don't see the NCAA Tournament happening.

I don't think we can give up on this team quite yet.....

Last week, everyone had wrote off OSU. Then they upset Baylor on the road.

This team will win or lose depending on our three point shooting. IF they have to go inside to win, we're not physical and big enough to hang. If our threes are falling, that opens up the inside for easier points. We win.

Give the guys a break; they might surprise us???

:OUbball-logo:

This is a “try hard” team. They also have decent size in the backcourt. If you have big(ger) guards and your tell sells out on defense, you can find some wins. I also think the general plan on offense is pretty sound. But if when you lack BOTH athleticism AND shooting, it really limits what a coach can do to scheme-up offense.

This team just isn’t very talented. The older players are tough. Resourceful. They will fight and scrap. But they are all extremely limited in their raw physical gifts. There is a little more there with some of the younger guys, but they are raw and inexperienced. And there aren’t any five-stars there either.

Harkless is our best option late in games. That’s not a great thing, but it’s the reality. Didn’t work out today. The offense was just brutal pretty much all game. When we get some three’s to drop, it’s not so bad. But we have very little margin for error.

Making the tourney would be great for this team. I’m iffy on whether or not they can do it. I could see a long losing streak on the horizon. But for a transition year, this is OK. Between Loyola and here I think it’s pretty clear Moser can coach em up. The key now is getting the level of talent on campus that can take that coaching somewhere.

This isn’t a criticism but an honest question: what makes you say he is our best option late in games? He is a poor perimeter shooter, terrible ball handler, and not a good decision maker. Yes, he has hit a couple big shots, but even those weren’t good shots. The Butler three is a shot he probably would make 20 percent of the time. He made a shot against UCF that was clutch, but that came after he turned it over two times immediately prior. I realize we don’t have anyone else who stands out as a late game option, but even still, he is the last guy I want making decisions with the game on the line.

This isn’t a criticism but an honest question: what makes you say he is our best option late in games? He is a poor perimeter shooter, terrible ball handler, and not a good decision maker. Yes, he has hit a couple big shots, but even those weren’t good shots. The Butler three is a shot he probably would make 20 percent of the time. He made a shot against UCF that was clutch, but that came after he turned it over two times immediately prior. I realize we don’t have anyone else who stands out as a late game option, but even still, he is the last guy I want making decisions with the game on the line.

Look at the other options
TG is just not a good ball handler and has a pretty limited skill set as well. Mo can't do much if his 3 isn't falling. Goldwire is not really a shot maker. Hill is not much of a ball handler. Maybe Noland and Bijan could be really good in that type of role in a couple years if they develop but they are freshmen.

I think most of us knew this team would not win many games on offense alone. Our best shooter is a mighty mite who struggles to get open sometimes. The best player at creating his own shot may be a freshman who is reluctant to take shots. Our team leader and best defender also has the worst handles. Our best big man is inconsistent in controlling the ball in a crowd.

This team will have to win the majority of their games on effort and great defense. Anything less will result in more heartbreaking losses where one or two calls or plays could determine the outcome.

Back