Thoughts

OUhoops11

Reaction score
Game turned in the second half when Fitz missed 4 straight free throws and then had a lane violation. The rout was on after that.

I wonder why we waited so long to get TMG off Clemente?

I thought the game turned when OU stopped feeding the post. Gallon and Fitzgerald were kicking KSU's @$$ but then OU stopped feeding the post.

I thought the game turned when OU stopped feeding the post. Gallon and Fitzgerald were kicking KSU's @$$ but then OU stopped feeding the post.

Those 2 also stopped playing the post because Gallon got called for an offensive foul about 14 minute mark after that point we quit trying to play the post.

Those 2 also stopped playing the post because Gallon got called for an offensive foul about 14 minute mark after that point we quit trying to play the post.

I forgot about that BS call. I thought it was weak. I also thought the traveling call was weak. Tiny put the ball on the floor for the first step and then only two more. I think the ref made the call based on his head rather than his feet and that is BS.

Game turned in the second half when Fitz missed 4 straight free throws and then had a lane violation. The rout was on after that.

I wonder why we waited so long to get TMG off Clemente?

I was really encouraged by the way Fitz was knocking down those 12-15 foot shots. However, you are correct in that those 4 missed free throws just seemd to suck the life out of us, especially defensively. One minute, we were two foul shots from taking the lead, and (what seemed like) the next minute they were blowing us out. Whatever recruits we sign better be able to play defense, or next year isn't going to be much prettier.

This is the worst OU team I have seen since I have been alive. I just don't understand how we can have no depth. When Cade Davis plays all 40 minutes, that's a problem.

I forgot about that BS call. I thought it was weak. I also thought the traveling call was weak. Tiny put the ball on the floor for the first step and then only two more. I think the ref made the call based on his head rather than his feet and that is BS.

Traveling call wasn't as bad a call as the charge. Travel did happen and it's typical of Gallon this year.

This is the worst OU team I have seen since I have been alive. I just don't understand how we can have no depth. When Cade Davis plays all 40 minutes, that's a problem.

The reason OU does not have depth is:

Bobby Maze
Keith Clark
Tony Neysmith
Chris Early
Kyle Cannon
Juan Pattillo

have all left. Additionally, Allen and Willis are not contributing. Obviously all of those guys cannot still be on the team but that list of guys is why OU does not have any upper classmen (or enough).

Traveling call wasn't as bad a call as the charge. Travel did happen and it's typical of Gallon this year.

I don't think it was a travel. Did you watch on TV and back it up? I did several times. He puts the ball on the floor which means the first step cannot be a travel. He then takes two more. If that is a travel then there are 50 travels a game.

I don't think it was a travel. Did you watch on TV and back it up? I did several times. He puts the ball on the floor which means the first step cannot be a travel. He then takes two more. If that is a travel then there are 50 travels a game.

I think he carried it and took 2 steps. Might not be traveling in the NBA but it is in college.

He took 3 steps. The first one was a little shuffle, but it counts. No call in the NBA, a travel in the college game. Close call, but it was the right one.

Cade played about 35 minutes but he is definitely conditioned for it and is one of the best defenders. Cade is a legit D1 player.

i agree completely. he's hitting baseline j's and then misses four FTs in a row. killer. hate to bag on the kid because he had a nice game, but man those hurt. crocker's too.

Back