Thunder will draft Tyreke Evans

bocabull

Banned
Reaction score
If they don't get the lucky ping pong ball to grab Blake Presti will draft Evans if he is still on the board.

Evans is the 2nd best player in the draft behind Blake. He can take people off the dribble at will which is what the NBA is all about. He would seriously ABUSE Ricky Rubio at both ends of the floor.

Guy is a 6'6" freak with the prototypical NBA build.

good call, to be honest i hadnt really thought about that one. he would complement Westbrook nicely.

in all reality, Evans is a gamer.

Thabeet, Rubio, Harden...not so much.

Evans didn't flourish this year until Cal moved him to point, he's not going to play that position in the NBA and he still needs to develop his game off the ball. I don't think a backcourt combo of Westbrook and Evans is what the Thunder need.

a post presence is what the thunder need.......but there may not be one if Griffin is gone.

Henderson of Duke or Jordan Hill of Arizona would be my guess if they are in the 4-6 pick range

good call, to be honest i hadnt really thought about that one. he would complement Westbrook nicely.

in all reality, Evans is a gamer.

Thabeet, Rubio, Harden...not so much.

Two combo guards? I guess. Anything to get Melvin Watson out of there. I'm still a Jordan Hill guy. He'll be alot like Noah and Thomas. If you can trade down and get him that would be good. Maybe get a pick in the second round.

I like Jordan Hill dirty, but watching him get abused by Jeff Pendergraph of ASU lowered my opinion of him some.

While watching Evans slice through Missouri getting to the tin at will raised my opinion of him.

I like Jordan Hill dirty, but watching him get abused by Jeff Pendergraph of ASU lowered my opinion of him some.

While watching Evans slice through Missouri getting to the tin at will raised my opinion of him.

Jordan Hill vs. Pendergraph

15 and 14
14 and 5 (@ ASU, only game all year he didn't go to the free throw line)
20 and 13

Besides the second game, not bad numbers.

No way Evans and Westbrook could play in the same backcourt together.

I agree that Evans will be a stud in the NBA.

Evans didn't flourish this year until Cal moved him to point, he's not going to play that position in the NBA and he still needs to develop his game off the ball. I don't think a backcourt combo of Westbrook and Evans is what the Thunder need.
Agreed. I don't think Evans and Westbrook complement each other very well. Evans is a slashing 2-guard who has no jumpshot and plays out of control...which pretty much describes Westbrook as well (though Westbrook has a better motor and is less selfish).

The Thunder need a) an inside defensive presence, b) a guard with a jumpshot, and (arguably) c) a pure PG. Evans doesn't fill any of those needs, and even if you're going to make the argument that he's the second best player in the draft (which he's not), you can't make a legitimate argument for him being the far-and-away best player available. Evans is a scorer who can't shoot and is ineffective without the ball in his hands; that's not what the Thunder need at all. He'll be a solid player for someone else but not for the Thunder.

I agree with Smash. If Blake wasn't available I think the Thunder go after Rubio, more of a pure point, or one of the other bigs. I am not real impressed by this draft and I really hope the thunder get the 1st pick.

Earl Watson is going into the last year of his contract. He'll be gone by the end of next season (and probably sooner), regardless of who the Thunder pick up this summer.

Watson will be gone this summer they will swap him with another expiring deal. Livingston will be the backup.

Crappy teams draft need, smart teams take the best stud and that is Tyreke Evans after Blake.

The Thunder should trade down and draft Suton.

I think Rubio is a better compliment than Evans. He's a pure PG. Tyreke Evans will be a good NBA player but he's a taller Westbrook.

Nick, last time I checked Westbrook flirted with Rookie of the Year. A taller version of him is a stud.

Nick, last time I checked Westbrook flirted with Rookie of the Year. A taller version of him is a stud.

I get what you are saying, but can you at least concede that they both play on the ball almost exclusively?

Back