Thunder will draft Tyreke Evans

I don't see how he doesn't fit. The guy can play the 1 thru 3. That fits with every team.

I don't see how he doesn't fit. The guy can play the 1 thru 3. That fits with every team.

I agree. I think that Rubio is overrated too. I would rather have harden thabeet or evans than him.

I agree. I think that Rubio is overrated too. I would rather have harden thabeet or evans than him.

Rubio is way overrated. If someone picks him in the top 3-4 picks they will be hugely disappointed.

Rubio is way overrated. If someone picks him in the top 3-4 picks they will be hugely disappointed.

Yes finally someone else agrees. We may be the only people with sense here. I don't like his game at all.

Yes finally someone else agrees. We may be the only people with sense here. I don't like his game at all.

He's not very quick and can't shoot the 3. His Pistol Pete passes work in Europe but they won't in the NBA. There is a reason he struggled and was the backup PG on his Olympic team. He wasn't even the best young foreign PG in the Olympics. It was by far Patty Mills.

He's not very quick and can't shoot the 3. His Pistol Pete passes work in Europe but they won't in the NBA. There is a reason he struggled and was the backup PG on his Olympic team. He wasn't even the best young foreign PG in the Olympics. It was by far Patty Mills.

Oh yes, holliday and mills IMO are better than him by a big margin.

Did you watch any Thunder games this season? When Durant drives to the basket, the defense collapses to clog the lane, with the opposing team's guards leaving their men wide open because the Thunder's guards can't shoot. For example, when the Thunder played the Lakers, Kobe would leave Sefolosha wide open and simply roam around like safety. The same thing often happened with Westbrook because no one is afraid to give him a wide open mid-range jumper. Westbrook and Sefolosha are both slashers who can't shoot. Weaver isn't a great shooter, either. The Thunder don't need another slashing guard who can't shoot. They need a SG who is effective playing off the ball and can hit open jump shots or a PG who protects the ball and can distribute. Both of these needs are the exact opposite of what Evans brings to the table.

The reason Rubio didn't start for Spain was because they had a veteran PG in Calderon, who is nine years older than Rubio and has also led the NBA in A/T ratio the last two years.

First of all, he didn't struggle in the Olympics at all, so I don't see what you are talking about there. That is where he became such a big name, because of how he played there.

I don't get where the Haterade comes from with this guy. He plays in the highest level of Euro basketball, a league that is miles beyond Division 1 basketball. And he is just 18 years old! He has started in that league since he was 16! Have any of you guys noticed what Josh Childress and Jammero Pargo have been doing for Olympiakos this year? A couple of guys that had a good degree of success in the NBA are 7th and 12th on the team in scoring. I just think you guys think all these Euro players are like Darko or something. Rubio isn't hyped because of his physical attributes or because of how he can dribble drive against a chair. He is a proven commodity.

If the Thunder get the second pick, they will draft Rubio or trade the pick. Period. The difference between him and everyone else is enough that he has to go in that spot. Have you heard the guys from the US Team talk about him? They were certainly more impressed with him than you were. Them and every single NBA scout out there.

I personally don't love him for the Thunder, but at least he can protect the basketball and get shots for his teammates. RW isn't that type of player yet at all, at least not yet. I wish I was more confident in Harden, because if he turns out to be a player he would be the perfect fit on the team.

Finally, about Tyreke Evans...what exactly is it you guys like so much about his game? Seriously, what is it he is going to add to a team?

He can't play the 1, not in the NBA. And he can't play the 3 against first unit players either. Maybe in a small-ball lineup or against reserves, sure, but not legitimately.

He is an off-guard who can't shoot, doesn't create for his teammates, doesn't understand shot selection, and overdribbles the ball. That isn't a fit for every team.

What is it about his game you guys like so much?

02-03 was Dwayne Wades Junior year and since D-Wade was born in January 1982 you are comparing a 21 year old junior to a 19 year old true freshman. I never compared Evans to D-Wade but since the numbers are so close for a true frosh vs a seasoned junior you are helping to make the case of how good Evans will be.

You're right... I copied over the wrong year... I should have checked closer. Here is the correct year for Wade, his 01-02 season:
Code:
	Wade	Evans
Year	2001/02	2008/09
League	NCAA	NCAA
Team	Marquette	Memphis
GP	32	37
Min	29.2	29
Pts	25.3	22.9
FG	9.9	8.3
FGA	20.3	18.3
FG%	48.7	45.5
2Pt	9.1	7.1
2PtA	18	13.8
2P%	50.5	51.4
3Pt	0.8	1.2
3PtA	2.3	4.5
3P%	34.6	27.4
FTM	4.7	5
FTA	6.9	7
FT%	69	71.1
Off	3.6	1.7
Def	5.8	5.5
TOT	9.4	7.2
Asts	4.9	5.2
Stls	3.5	2.8
Blks	1.6	1
TOs	4.3	4.8
PFs	3.5	3.2
TS%	0.54	0.53
eFG%	0.51	0.49
A/TO	1.15	1.08
PER	31.4	25.7
WS/40	11.2	8

Still an edge for Wade, playing on a worse team... But it is closer than I had thought.

Back