Thursday's NCAA slate

They're really calling today's games the "2nd round"?

That's awful!

i know.... I barely watched any of the "1st round" games and don't care. brackets weren't due till today anyway.

i'm too lazy to look, can someone tell me how they arranged that 1st round. I saw like 2 12 seeds, 16 seeds or something like that. I thought they were play in games but obviously not with USC/VCU.

I nearly picked Wofford to win this game. BYU has the best scorer in the tournament. But that's pretty much all they got.

i know.... I barely watched any of the "1st round" games and don't care. brackets weren't due till today anyway.

i'm too lazy to look, can someone tell me how they arranged that 1st round. I saw like 2 12 seeds, 16 seeds or something like that. I thought they were play in games but obviously not with USC/VCU.
They basically did the lowest 4 in the tournament and 2 play in games.

Okay games underway

Florida vs Santa Barbara. Florida is up 13

Wofford leads BYU 6-5 early

And UConn/Bucknel just about to tip

Belmont/Wisconsin will tip in about 5 minutes.

I nearly picked Wofford to win this game. BYU has the best scorer in the tournament. But that's pretty much all they got.

Wofford can beat them... but I want SJU to mess Jimmer up. If he thought SD St. came after him hard he should wait to see what they bring.

That is if SJU doesn't lose to the Zags.

They basically did the lowest 4 in the tournament and 2 play in games.

Ok I guess makes sense. I got confused when I saw the 11/12 matchups along with the 2 16 seed games. So I assume the 4 lowest at large bids and 4 lowest automatic bids.

The only risk I took in this tournament is St. Johns to the final four. I basically have teams everyone else is gonna have outside of that. Syracuse, Kansas, Duke.

I didn't do much analyzing on it, but I didn't understand why they had a play-in at 11 and one at 12. Why not just do two play-ins for a 12?

Florida is up 37-16. Second real complete snoozer of the game. But even Pitt/Asheville was interesting for about a half.

The only risk I took in this tournament is St. Johns to the final four. I basically have teams everyone else is gonna have outside of that. Syracuse, Kansas, Duke.

that's a pretty big gamble... I like them a lot but don't think they have the size to make it that far. When they're on they're great but I can't see them winning 4 games in a row.

The SE region is so weak... hate Florida but had almost no choice with them.

The best scorer in the nation and there's a lot of empty seats. Denver should be ashamed. Florida's playing in Tampa and there's a lot of empty seats there as well.

I almost picked Wisconsin in that region at one point. That region could easily be one we see a lower seed out of that comes from nowhere.

St Johns lack of size does hurt. But I think they have one of the top scorers in the nation.

The best scorer in the nation and there's a lot of empty seats. Denver should be ashamed. Florida's playing in Tampa and there's a lot of empty seats there as well.

not because people don't want to watch. they emptied out the building from the afternoon session and got the evening session started within 30 minutes. I'm sure in another 10-15 minutes the building will be closer to full.

Belmont leads 5-4 3 minutes in. This may be a first to 40/50 wins.

This Wisconsin-Belmont game looks like a church league game.

Yeah that will probably be about the whitest game in the tournament.

Wofford 17 BYU 14 8:03 1st half

Belmont 7 Wisconsin 4 14:40 1st half

I almost picked Wisconsin in that region at one point. That region could easily be one we see a lower seed out of that comes from nowhere.

i did pick them. don't know why, i just didn't like anyone else, and i don't really like them. pretty sure i'm gonna be sweating this one out tonight.

Back