Tiny Gallon declares for NBA Draft >>> SoonerSports.com

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://soonersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/042010aaa.html

Tiny Gallon Declares for NBA Draft
Freshman forward averaged 10.3 points and 7.9 rebounds a game.

April 20, 2010

NORMAN, Okla. - University of Oklahoma freshman forward Keith "Tiny" Gallon has announced he will declare for the NBA Draft.

The 6-9, 290-pound Gallon averaged 10.3 points and 7.9 rebounds in 24.0 minutes per game for the Sooners this season while shooting a team-high .547 from the field. His rebounding average ranked eighth in the Big 12 and was the fourth highest in school history among freshmen (only Alvan Adams, Wayman Tisdale and Blake Griffin averaged more).

"I had a long conversation with my mom and then with Coach (Jeff) Capel, and I decided that this is the best thing for me at this time," said Gallon, who is from Vallejo, Calif. "I've had a great experience at OU, but at the same time I'm excited about my possible future in the NBA.

"I want to thank Coach Capel, the coaching staff and my teammates for helping me get better. And I want to thank our strength and conditioning coach, Yo-Yo (Jozsef Szendrei) for helping me get my body into much better shape. I'm anxious to see what the future holds."

Gallon ranked sixth in the Big 12 and first among league freshmen with seven double-doubles. He recorded a team-high 23 blocked shots and added 24 assists and 21 steals in his 30 games (21 starts). Gallon scored in double figures 16 times and scored a season-high 23 points while grabbing 15 boards against No. 24 Baylor on Feb. 27. His season of 18 rebounds came in a Jan. 11 win over Oklahoma State.

Said Capel, "I'm happy for Tiny and wish him nothing but success and luck. This is something Tiny wants to do and, as I've said before, I'm not one to stand in the way of a career choice that one of my players thinks is in his best interest."

Fellow OU freshman Tommy Mason-Griffin and sophomore Willie Warren have also declared for the draft.

Good luck to you Tiny! Looking forward to following your pro career wherever that may be. :tinypower

Wow. What kind of shape was his body in when he got here? Just don't see him getting drafted with all of the people that have declared already not to mention the Euro talent that will be available. I suspect he will regret this decision but I hope it works out for him

Can anybody think of a worse team in mens B-ball history to have three freshmen and sophomores declare for the NBA draft?

So uhhh...... what do you think this does to our chances of getting Terrance Jones?

anyone think this decision has anything to do with the investigation? Or is this decision completely separate?

Wow I seriously don't get why I keep checking here each time I do our situation gets worse

Well, at least the guys who we all have so many questions about are finally making their intentions known, and we can FINALLY move forward and concentrate on whoever will be here.

The only thing that could be more bizarre would be Pledger and Fitz declaring for the draft this week.:confused::confused:

Good luck to Tiny. Hope things work out for you. Whatever you do in life, forget about that red life and all of the street crap period. It will only cause you a lifetime of pain.....

Likely bound for the Lower Slobovian National Team. Good Luck.

I hope that kid can live the rest of his life on $3,000.

These three kids, sadly, are probably going to be working at Burger King in about 3 years.

I hope that kid can live the rest of his life on $3,000.

These three kids, sadly, are probably going to be working at Burger King in about 3 years.

That's outrageous! All three of these kids can easily play professionally, somewhere. I personally believe that Willie Warren will have a successful career in the NBA.

His good-bye speech seemed pretty final to me.... I guess that time will tell.

He is gone. Very evident he came to OU to stay 1 year no matter what. Maybe he and the midget can room together in Europe.

Back