Tiny Gallon declares for NBA Draft >>> SoonerSports.com

I hope that kid can live the rest of his life on $3,000.

These three kids, sadly, are probably going to be working at Burger King in about 3 years.

You must be bitter or something. You must not be doing very well at life and probably never will if you are going to say such things about a couple of young adults. Shame on you to crack a joke at these kids expense. You know absolutely nothing about these kids. You should wish nothing but the best for all three of these sooners.

All three of these kids will make more money than you next year either from the NBA or somewhere in Europe. That must make you mad because there is no way you should wish anything negative on any three of these sooners.

Yea, maybe they aren't the most ready for the NBA but we should still support them.

Not really unexpected. This is not good for the team talent-wise but will but good to cleanse the team of last years debacles.

Said Capel, "I'm happy for Tiny and wish him nothing but success and luck. This is something Tiny wants to do and, as I've said before, I'm not one to stand in the way of a career choice that one of my players thinks is in his best interest."

Speaks volumes.

You must be bitter or something. You must not be doing very well at life and probably never will if you are going to say such things about a couple of young adults. Shame on you to crack a joke at these kids expense. You know absolutely nothing about these kids. You should wish nothing but the best for all three of these sooners.

All three of these kids will make more money than you next year either from the NBA or somewhere in Europe. That must make you mad because there is no way you should wish anything negative on any three of these sooners.

Yea, maybe they aren't the most ready for the NBA but we should still support them.

We'll see if Tiny and TMG can handle living overseas. Personally, I'm with Palladin, these 2 guys will probably be out of basketball in 5 years or less. Neither will have played any substantial minutes in the NBA if any at all.

I think WW could have a decent pro career if he can be a good teammate and good in the locker room. He was a malcontent most of his career in Norman, so it remains to be seen if his personal issues will prevent him from making the kind of dough his ability could make.

I can guarantee you if any of the 3 pull some of the stunts they did while in Norman, they won't be playing for money very long. Jeff did them no favors by being their buddy, or "big brother".

He is gone. Very evident he came to OU to stay 1 year no matter what. Maybe he and the midget can room together in Europe.

And if they do they both will pull down half a million plus a year for 5-6 months with all expenses paid.
How many people here you think would sign up for that gig?

All this bitterness towards them going pro is sad. And really it's not these kids faults...it's the stupid you can't go pro out of high school rule that so many here have supported. Well here's what you get.

And if they do they both will pull down half a million plus a year for 5-6 months with all expenses paid.

All this bitterness towards them going pro is sad. And really it's not these kids faults...it's the stupid you can't go pro out of high school rule that so many here have supported. Well here's what you get.

I'm not sure he will be getting half a million in Europe. Those salaries have dropped significantly since the economy bottomed out. I would venture to guess between $125-250k if someone signs him in one of the upper level Euro leagues.

I'm not sure he will be getting half a million in Europe. Those salaries have dropped significantly since the economy bottomed out. I would venture to guess between $125-250k if someone signs him in one of the upper level Euro leagues.

I'd be surprised if he even makes that much. Hollis Price has had a pretty good career in Europe and he's light years better than TMG right now.

I'd be surprised if he even makes that much. Hollis Price has had a pretty good career in Europe and he's light years better than TMG right now.

Jeremy Tyler had a $140,000 deal with Maccabi Haifa of the Israeli Super League this past year (the HS kid from San Diego who left after his junior year of high school to play overseas).

I'm guessing that is a pretty standard contract now, maybe even a little high.

Brandon Jennings was a special case IMO, so throwing him out there wouldn't be a good example.

Cannot find the terms of Hollis' last contract.

:clap

I doubt he makes that much. Playing in Europe is not as sexy as it sounds. You have to be a top shelf player in a top shelf league to make good money.

I'm not knocking his decision, I hope he does well. But I have a bad feeling him and TMG are in for disappointment.

Last edited:
I don't think Tiny would have been eligible to play at OU next year anyway. He's probably doing the only thing he can. I do not see him drafted. Good luck Tiny!

I doubt he makes that much. Playing in Europe is not as sexy as it sounds. You have to be a top shelf player in a top shelf league to make good money.

I'm not knocking his decision, I hope he does well. But I have a bad feeling him and TMG are in for disappointment.

I thought I remembered reading about, or seeing a TV story, some american ball players who would go over to the euro leagues and not even know of they were going to get their paychecks. They might sign a nice looking contract, but whether the money actually ever was paid was a different story.

You can go pro out of high school. Just ask Brandon Jennings. The NBA isn't, and can't, stop high school players from going to Europe.

Ive decided that last year didnt happen. Football didnt happen. BBall didnt happen. We didnt sign any Mcdonalds All American players last year, Wille left to the NBA along with Blake. We re starting over after Blake and I dont remember who was on this team last year cause it never happened.

I agree with most of this, Cheno. But that statement about "the stupid you can't go pro out of high school rule" is what I've go a problem with. If it were up to me (of course it's not), the rule would say "you can't go pro for at least three years after your high school class graduates."

That would fix the problem every bit as well as allowing kids to go to the NBA while still in high school. And my way would ensure that kids are given a little time to mature before thusting them into the NBA lifestyle.

My feeling as well.

the notion that europe is willing to take on kids, heavy emphasis on kids, like these is hilarious. it's a man's world over there, and they aren't willing to wait and develop a bunch of 20-year olds who don't play defense and who are going to take off for the nba at first chance.

It's a whole different type of game as well...egos and playing for stat lines just doesn't fly over there. I actually enjoy the Olympic style of bball quite a bit.

I think TMG and Tiny are two very different cases....I believe Tiny going pro this year was a worse decision than TMG.
The way I look at things is that kids go to college to get a degree to be able to make more money in life or work towards their dream job.
TMG said college wasnt for him, and I am sure that even if he stayed 4 years on scholorship he wouldnt have ended up with a degree. So staying longer would not have helped TMG any. He had a good year numbers wise and I believe he made the right decision. Staying 2 or 3 more years would not have helped him develop into an NBA player. He is probably a lifer overseas which is fine, so I think him going over there and capitalizing on that as early as possible was the smartest financial decision he could of made

Tiny is a completely different story. I strongly believed if tiny had come back he could have easily developed into a top 15 pick, would have had a much better starting contract. Now he is going to be faced with much less money and is going to strugle to make it in the NBA the first few years...he still needs to develop alot and he should have spent more time at OU developing. So financially I believe this was a very poor decision on Gallon's part, and part of me believes he decided to opt to go pro because everyone else on the team was.

I think TMG and Tiny are two very different cases....I believe Tiny going pro this year was a worse decision than TMG.
The way I look at things is that kids go to college to get a degree to be able to make more money in life or work towards their dream job.
TMG said college wasnt for him, and I am sure that even if he stayed 4 years on scholorship he wouldnt have ended up with a degree. So staying longer would not have helped TMG any. He had a good year numbers wise and I believe he made the right decision. Staying 2 or 3 more years would not have helped him develop into an NBA player. He is probably a lifer overseas which is fine, so I think him going over there and capitalizing on that as early as possible was the smartest financial decision he could of made

Tiny is a completely different story. I strongly believed if tiny had come back he could have easily developed into a top 15 pick, would have had a much better starting contract. Now he is going to be faced with much less money and is going to strugle to make it in the NBA the first few years...he still needs to develop alot and he should have spent more time at OU developing. So financially I believe this was a very poor decision on Gallon's part, and part of me believes he decided to opt to go pro because everyone else on the team was.

I like what you are saying. However, I really think, IMO, that this has to do with the investigation. I don't believe he would have been eligible next year so he had to go.

Back