Tiny Gallon practice observation

Sooner23

Reaction score
A buddy of mine was at a banquet at the LNC Saturday morning and peaked in on the team working out for a few minutes. He said that after watching Tiny in the McDonald's All-American game, he was surprised how much he had slimmed down and how good he looked getting up and down the court. That's all I got.

A buddy of mine was at a banquet at the LNC Saturday morning and peaked in on the team working out for a few minutes. He said that after watching Tiny in the McDonald's All-American game, he was surprised how much he had slimmed down and how good he looked getting up and down the court. That's all I got.

Thanks 23. A slim Tiny that can last for 30 minutes during Big 12 play could really make our season. Let's hope he hits yoyo's "abbbbbbbbbsoluuuute 0" target weight sometime in the next year or two.

When I saw him, he looked real good. But trust me, their are guys who lose weight and are out of condition and guys who lose weight and gain conditioning. I have lost major weight twice......actually 3 times. Each time I have lost weight it has been different conclusions. When I lost it through dieting, my conditioning wasnt that much better than when I was heavy, When I lost it through heavy cardio, weight lifting, running, and dieting, by the time I lost the weight, I could outrun a high school kid and run a 10K.

I know Tiny lost his through his diet inititally. I have noticed over the summer and early pre season, that the weight training has shed alot of weight and added some new muscle.

Great news about Tiny! I think most of us agree that conditioning is his biggest challenge. His skills are off the chart for a guy his size. If he drops a few pounds and gets into game shape so he can sustain his effort on both ends of the floor, he could be really special this season. Keep it up, TG!!! :clap

It seems to me it would just be a given that he got himself into great shape. If I were coach Capel or on his staff, I would introduce him to the OKC staff and have them explain that there are not lazy, out of shape guys in the NBA. I would ask Eduardo Najerra to meet with him and explain what it takes to make it and stick in the NBA.

I was friends with a former 13 year NHL veteran (we played on a hockey team together but he was just screwing around, I had to try). We had another guy on our team that was the number 1 pick in the NHL draft some time ago. My friend point blank said the other guy had more talent but simply did not want it. He said he stayed in the league because he worked harder than everyone else. I have a feeling that is what most professional athletes do (it is certainly in line with Jordan's Hall of Fame speach).

A guy like Tiny just needs to meet a few people that made it through hard work and perhaps a couple of gifted people that wasted their talent. I would think that would do wonders for him.

Gallon meet/got to play with Shaq some last summer and every since then he has changed. He has already lost a ton of weight and I think Shaq had a big influence on it so I think Tiny already has/is on the way to having the mindset you are describing Denver.

Cam Clark said he looked great in practice!
A lineup with TMG, Clark & Tiny would be awesome next year.

Back