Tony Mitchell decommits from KSU

Wouldn't mind seeing OU get involved. Big, what is the Texas connection? Is he from there? It also shows Marquette being involved. Marquette is going to be giving us, OSU, and TAMU competition for anyone who comes through texas.

If OSU landed Markel Brown, Brian Williams, Michael Cobbins, and Tony Mitchell they would have an outstanding class...

If OSU landed Markel Brown, Brian Williams, Michael Cobbins, and Tony Mitchell they would have an outstanding class...

What type of class do you want OU to have? Seems like the wish list for others seems to be so promising, but when it comes to OU, the wishlist is full of jucos.

What type of class do you want OU to have? Seems like the wish list for others seems to be so promising, but when it comes to OU, the wishlist is full of jucos.

My wish list for OU is:

TJ Taylor
Cameron Clark
Michael Cobbins
Tarik Black
Rickey Scott

Its so funny how regional most recruiting still is. If its not a top 10 overall kid or top 1or2 at his possition you never hear squat about them if they are far away from your region. I read your guys posts and haven't heard of alot of these kids and then you look them up on the recruiting services and they are like top 50 really good players but from another areas.

Just my 2 cents.

What about Terrence Jones or is he a long shot?

I dont know, I just like Tarik Black and Michael Cobbins. They are both insane athletes, highly rated, and listing OU.

Its so funny how regional most recruiting still is. If its not a top 10 overall kid or top 1or2 at his possition you never hear squat about them if they are far away from your region. I read your guys posts and haven't heard of alot of these kids and then you look them up on the recruiting services and they are like top 50 really good players but from another areas.

Just my 2 cents.

I was thinking the same thing. If you read Zagsblog, you see them making a huge fuss about Kyrie Irving or some kid that's trying to transfer out of hofstra to Rutgers. In the end, some of these guys stick and some don't. It's funny, because coaches understand the difference in players. Boheim came to Oklahoma to recruit three players and signed two. OU has signed players from NY in the past like Nolan Johnson and Jameel Heyward.

I know we got Etan Thomas out of Oklahoma, I can't think of who the other player is off the top of my head. Unless the players shows interest and we really like them we generally just do not recruit certain area's. Who did we miss on?

My wish list for OU is:

TJ Taylor
Cameron Clark
Michael Cobbins
Tarik Black
Rickey Scott
That would be a nice group of players to get but there isn't one really good shooter from deep in this bunch. I know T.J, has been working on his shot but he doesn't strike me as a reliable threat from deep. If I recall correctly Scott is more of a physical, slashing guard then sharpshooter. I think if you're going be a signing a large group like this you need a guy who can hit from deep like Pledger or at the least somebody like TMG who brings that to the table along with other abilities.

That would be a nice group of players to get but there isn't one really good shooter from deep in this bunch. I know T.J, has been working on his shot but he doesn't strike me as a reliable threat from deep. If I recall correctly Scott is more of a physical, slashing guard then sharpshooter. I think if you're going be a signing a large group like this you need a guy who can hit from deep like Pledger or at the least somebody like TMG who brings that to the table along with other abilities.

Steven Pledger, Ray Willis, and TMG can shoot... Clark and Taylor will be solid shooters as well. Scott is the only guy who has work to do that I know of.

I know we got Etan Thomas out of Oklahoma, I can't think of who the other player is off the top of my head. Unless the players shows interest and we really like them we generally just do not recruit certain area's. Who did we miss on?

They recruited Ryan Humphrey and got a 6-8 kid from BTW.

mitchell is from texas, he moved to miami last year.

i'm unsure if osu, fsu and marquette will be rerecruiting mitchell or not. they were his other offers along with ksu at the time of his commit.

He's probably going to be a top 100 guy and better than any prospect OSU or Marquette has now, so it is safe to say they will rerecruit him if they have a chance. I think quite a few teams would love to get in on a 6'8 combo forward that is blowing up this summer. I'm just going to be curious to see what big12 teams will get in on him.

He's probably going to be a top 100 guy and better than any prospect OSU or Marquette has now, so it is safe to say they will rerecruit him if they have a chance.

yeah, you're probably right.

it doesn't quite match ku's henry drama, but mitchell's situation is pretty entertaining in it's own right. i'm hoping for another installment today.

Back