Tournament resume

That Carolina game is looking more & more important for the OOC resume’ from where I’m standing, due in large part to those 3 earlier marquee wins not looking so marquee right now. There’s obviously time for things to change, but as of right now:

USC is 5-5 & has lost 4 of 5
Iowa is 6-5 (beat FAMU yesterday to snap a 3 game skid)
Arky is 7-4 (they do have that Duke win, so all credit there)

A lot of those losses are to good teams, so those records aren’t as bad as they look on the surface, but it’d sure make our wins against them look a little better if they’d start winning a few of those. Right now, as far as major opponents go, record-wise, our best win is against Providence. They do have wins over Wisky & UGA, so maybe something’s brewing there. We’ll find out a bit more about them when they get Marquette Tuesday night.

That is disappointing to see. Need usc and Iowa to have good conference records. I think arky will get it going. Need providence to keep winning.

All we had to do is beat them. We beat them. Plenty of smoke in the big 12.

All we had to do is beat them. We beat them. Plenty of smoke in the big 12.

Definitely agree. Was hoping they would be quad 1 wins. Currently they are quad 2 wins. If ou has a good conference record then it doesn’t much matter.

Win over Unc would be so massive. We owe them some payback.

If this team is even mentioned with the bubble come March some extremely bad things have had to happen. This team has a legit shot to finish in the top 3 of the Big 12.

Top 3 in conference might be top 5 in the country, and almost certainly a 2 seed. That would be exceeding expectations even for this team. I would be stoked to finish top 5 or 6 in conference.

Top 3 in conference might be top 5 in the country, and almost certainly a 2 seed. That would be exceeding expectations even for this team. I would be stoked to finish top 5 or 6 in conference.

agreed top 5 or 6 would be good ..

Providence has a double digit 2nd half lead over 6 Marquette. We will see if they can hold on.

Providence has a double digit 2nd half lead over 6 Marquette. We will see if they can hold on.

The blowout win over Providence College is going to look better after tonight....no doubt.

Providence is good and they definitely have a good home court environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still up 13; it’d be more but they seem bent on making free throw attempts look like rebounding practice.

Well....missed out on a big Q-1 chance tonight, but we still have conference play. Providence may end up being our lone Q-1 win in the non-con (it's currently a Q-2 win). We thought USC, Iowa, and Arkie may be Q-1 wins when we first beat them, but all of those teams have pretty much crapped the bed to one degree or another in the non-con. OU is a tournament team, but we really won't know how good until we have another data point against a good team (Iowa State in the conference opener).

Well....missed out on a big Q-1 chance tonight, but we still have conference play. Providence may end up being our lone Q-1 win in the non-con (it's currently a Q-2 win). We thought USC, Iowa, and Arkie may be Q-1 wins when we first beat them, but all of those teams have pretty much crapped the bed to one degree or another in the non-con. OU is a tournament team, but we really won't know how good until we have another data point against a good team (Iowa State in the conference opener).

I’m confident arky will be a quad 1 win by end of the season. USC/iowa likely won’t be quad 1 unfortunately. Still a very good non conference (assuming we take care of business from here).

Back