Trae Young starts career off with a bang

TY is going to get a lot of attention.

I really liked Ada's boy Matty Freeman coming in and getting buckets.

Going forward, I dont think Lazenby or polla play a lot.

I think TY, RO, CJ, Manek, and Lattin with subs of Kam, Shep, Freeman and Muni. Then when doolittle comes back... Thats 10 deep.

Im ok with just outscoring people sometimes, Kam, TY, Harmon and possibly Jalen wilson and Moore love that idea as well.

Trae shot, what, 5-13 or something and completely dominated the game. 10 assists and 3 TO's. He was fantastic. James, too, and he didn't shoot it well either. This team is going to be explosive.

When we get some of the defensive issues dealt with -- matching up in transition, finding shooters on penetration, guarding the pick & roll -- we're going to be really good.

James has earned his way back into the starting lineup and I'm ecstatic for him. Very well deserved.

I hope McGusty is able to contribute significantly from the bench and not go through a sophomore slump similar to James last year. We need him.

Others have said it before me, but Shepherd looked really good. At times I briefly thought it was Young making a great play before I realized it was Shepherd.

James has earned his way back into the starting lineup and I'm ecstatic for him. Very well deserved.

I hope McGusty is able to contribute significantly from the bench and not go through a sophomore slump similar to James last year. We need him.

I agree. We need both of these guys to be playing well. If they are, they'll both be on the court together a lot...and most importantly, when the game is on the line.

He's going to be spending a lot of time during the season shooting free throws as he likes to force the issue. He's also quick which allows him to snare rebounds that others of his size would not normally pull down.

TY is going to get a lot of attention.

I really liked Ada's boy Matty Freeman coming in and getting buckets.

Going forward, I dont think Lazenby or polla play a lot.

I think TY, RO, CJ, Manek, and Lattin with subs of Kam, Shep, Freeman and Muni. Then when doolittle comes back... Thats 10 deep.

Im ok with just outscoring people sometimes, Kam, TY, Harmon and possibly Jalen wilson and Moore love that idea as well.

And Jamal for 2018.

He has a good chance to be the best freshman PG in OU history.

He has a good chance to be the best freshman PG in OU history.

The best PGs in OU history are guys who played in JC for the most part. I'd have to think long and hard who the best freshman PG is all-time...but I'm confident that in four months we'll all be answering "Trae Young".

The best PGs in OU history are guys who played in JC for the most part. I'd have to think long and hard who the best freshman PG is all-time...but I'm confident that in four months we'll all be answering "Trae Young".

Probably TMG :ez-laugh:

I think Polla plays some because other two can’t keep out of foul trouble.

Probably TMG :ez-laugh:

We're both laughing, but statistically, he was the best. In terms of overall efficiency, it's probably Terry Evans, though he was a redshirt freshman who got better in his RS year playing against Mookie Blaylock in practice. Drew Lavender is the only other candidate. Trey Young may actually be considered the best OU freshman PG ever by the time the holidays are over.

I think Polla plays because of not only foul trouble but also because Kruger sees him as someone that can help down the line somewhere. I liked how he put him back in after the disasterous two foul stint.

I think Polla plays because of not only foul trouble but also because Kruger sees him as someone that can help down the line somewhere. I liked how he put him back in after the disasterous two foul stint.

i think he sees polla as the rotation back up center next season

Back