Transfer rumor

mardaddy51

Reaction score
Anyone hearing rumors about Brendan Hausen at Villanova rethinking his decision to go so far from home (Amarillo) and that OU could be at the top of the transfer list?

That is interesting, Mar!

Philly is a cold, depressing place from now until about April.

Not having Jay wright there has got to be a catalyst for a transfer, too.

I would love to have him, especially if we don’t get Mack.

Philly is a cold, depressing place from now until about April.

Here are the average high and low temps for Philly from December through March:

December 46° / 34°
January 41° / 28°
February 45° / 30°
March 53° / 37°

Here's the average weather in OKC for those same months:

December 51 / 30°
January 48° / 27°
February 54° / 31°
March 63° / 40°

So we're not talking Michigan and Miami here.

Here are the average high and low temps for Philly from December through March:

December 46° / 34°
January 41° / 28°
February 45° / 30°
March 53° / 37°

Here's the average weather in OKC for those same months:

December 51 / 30°
January 48° / 27°
February 54° / 31°
March 63° / 40°

So we're not talking Michigan and Miami here.

Good point, Skyvue. I lived further north in PA where it once snowed in June. I have been to Philly quite a few times but didn’t realize it was that much more mild on average than northern PA.

I don't know why I felt the need to step in--doesn't really matter. But I'm always amused when those who live in Oklahoma bring up the weather, as if it's a selling point for the Sooner State. The winters can be tough enough (though sporadically) there, and the summers are brutal. And then there's tornado season.

In any case, I doubt many recruits are swayed one way or the other by weather.

if OU doesn't get Mack this would be a take .. IMO if OU gets Mack i don't think he is a take .

I personally think the shorter days in the winter are the biggest drawback. Feb is the only month with a big difference. 10 degrees is massive. Of course lets know pretend any of these guys to class at either school. Athletes basically do online courses and nothing else.

Not sure where nova is in the city but from what I’ve seen Philly is becoming a dumpster

Not sure where nova is in the city but from what I’ve seen Philly is becoming a dumpster
I am actually going to Philly tomorrow for the rest of the week. But like any other metropolitan area or city, just depends on where you are if it is good or bad. If one stays in the city center area it's not too bad; North Philly and S/SW not so much. Avoid at all costs as those are the areas getting even worse.

But Tulsa and OKC have plenty of areas that are dumps too. Even the nice areas of Tulsa, for example, have crap filtering through it now.

Besides, most college students aren't visiting the hoods and dumpster areas anyway. Plus, as it was mentioned, Villanova is actually a suburb in the Lower Merion area. $$$

Kinda miss Jay Wright. He seemed like a good guy and was good for CB. Wonder if he could see the NIL mess coming. I also wonder about that with Kruger..

I am actually going to Philly tomorrow for the rest of the week. But like any other metropolitan area or city, just depends on where you are if it is good or bad. If one stays in the city center area it's not too bad; North Philly and S/SW not so much. Avoid at all costs as those are the areas getting even worse.

But Tulsa and OKC have plenty of areas that are dumps too. Even the nice areas of Tulsa, for example, have crap filtering through it now.

Besides, most college students aren't visiting the hoods and dumpster areas anyway. Plus, as it was mentioned, Villanova is actually a suburb in the Lower Merion area. $$$

Ah… oh I know every city has its no go Zones…I was just curious.

Back