Trouble at Kansas

I think Self did a really god job with the Morningstar situation. He laid down the law quickly, let the public know how upset he is with Morningstar's decision but also stated he would support Morningstar through this situation.
I think he basically acted like a very responsible parent. You are in trouble, this is a big deal but I am not abondoning and I still care about you.

I agree. His penalty was harsh. If a couple weeks ago's crap with the football team hadn't have happened this wouldn't have been as major a deal and Morningstar probably doesn't get suspended as long.
I'm just ready for Oct 15th to get here and practice to start.

the latest installment of "trouble at kansas"

Markieff Morris involved in traffic accident

LAWRENCE, Kan. ? Kansas University men’s basketball player Markieff Morris was involved in a two-car accident last month. According to a Lawrence police report, the car Morris was driving belonged to former ku player Scot Pollard.

At 1:14 a.m., on Sunday, Sept. 13, a city police officer was dispatched to Tennessee and 17th streets in Lawrence ? the scene of a two-car, non-injury accident.

According to the report, a 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe, operated by current Jayhawks player Markieff Morris, 20, was traveling south on the right side of the two-lane street. Morris said he was preparing to make a left turn onto 17th, but as he did, he struck the rear passenger door of a 2004 Pontiac Grand Am that was just ahead and to the left of Morris.

Though the report listed damage at or equal to $1000 to the Grand Am, Morris, three passengers in the Tahoe (a 20-year old male and two females ages 16 and 22) and two females in the Grand Am denied medical attention.

The responding officer indicated that there were no visible signs of impairment.

It is unclear whether Morris’ driving a car reportedly owned by a former Kansas player violates NCAA rules regarding improper benefits.

As of early Wednesday afternoon, a call to ku Associate Athletics Director for External Relations Jim Marchiony had not been returned; nor had an email to University of Kansas Compliance staff.

On Oct. 11, the men’s program, along with the football and women’s basketball team, is scheduled to conclude a three-year probation ? the result of the NCAA’s finding and ruling in April 2006 that the teams previously were operating under a “lack of appropriate institutional control.”

Recently, negative headlines, including a series of on-campus fights between the men’s basketball and football teams, as well as guard Brady Morningstar’s arrest last weekend for suspicion of DWI, have surrounded the program. Morningstar has been suspended until the second semester by head coach Bill Self ? a punishment handed down hours after the arrest news was made public.

Markieff Morris was one of several basketball players named as having been involved in the football/basketball altercations. Last December, Morris accepted a diversion agreement in Douglas County after pleading not guilty to shooting a woman with a BB gun from his apartment window in August.

Kansas has been tabbed No. 1 in several preseason polls and will open its season at home on Nov. 3 against Fort Hays State.

is the reporting officer now a proud owner of season tickets to Kansas basketball games? I kid because I love :)

when it rains, it pours. My dad used to pound in my head over and over, "Son nothing good happens between 12am- 4am except sleep."

I thought he was the good morris twin? Bill is going to need a bigger toupee to cover up all this trouble.

This is such a non-story. The car is owned by Tyshawn Taylor who bought the vehicle from Scott Pollard after going through all compliance issues to make sure it's ok.

So basically what you have is a college student who borrowed a car from a friend and got in an accident. What it seems to be is another piece of evidence that news on the internet travels faster than verification of that news. :)

at 1 am with a 16 year old girl.

16. that's a baby.

yes- if I had a 16 year old girl out with a guy who brought her home after 12am, I would throw a bullet at him. And then tell him, "You bring my girl home after 12am again I will give you another one, but next time it will come at you a lot faster."

at 1 am with a 16 year old girl.

16. that's a baby.

My bad, I was talking more about the idea that the car was borrowed from Pollard. I agree that having two 16 year old girls with you is TROUBLE. I'm glad I'm not a college student these days because the difference in looks between a 16 year old and a 20 year old is minute.

It will be interesting to see how Self deals with this because one of the major violations with Morningstar was curfew.

yes- if I had a 16 year old girl out with a guy who brought her home after 12am, I would throw a bullet at him. And then tell him, "You bring my girl home after 12am again I will give you another one, but next time it will come at you a lot faster."

LOL. I was just talking with some guys today about the joys of having a daughter.

Scott Pollard.

There's a name I haven't heard in awhile.

It's just hilarious how this stuff travels.
First off this was drummed up by the biggest KU hater on the airwaves in Kevin Keitzmann. Dude is absolutely brutal and I was listening to all this on the radio as it transpired. Keitzmann was blasting KU hinting at all kinds of violations etc when he didn't even know what was going on. Then the Associate AD calls in and says that Pollard sold the 97 Tahoe to Taylor months ago and it was all ran thru complaince and the NCAA. It was nothing. Keitzmann starts his major backpedaling and then the eccentic Scot Pollard actually called in and was ripping his butt. Basically he said he was trying to make a story out of nothing and Keitzmann denied. Pollard then said well why didn't you call me? LOL. Keitzmann has his number. Keitzmann called the KU athletic department, he called the Lawrence PD and he even called the NCAA but he didn't call Scot Pollard who he has his number in his cell phone. Keitzmann just got hammered on the radio and it was awesome to listen to.

Basically Markieff Morris got in a fender bender at 1am on Sept 13 in Tyshawn Taylors car that he bought from Pollard. The police clearly stated on the accident report that he wasn't impaired at all. Their were no injuries nor much damage at all. Morris had a 20 year old male with him, a 22 year old female and a 16 year old female.

Scott Pollard.

There's a name I haven't heard in awhile.

One of my favorite Scot Pollard quips...

He was riding the pine for Indiana and they were on the road...someone right behind the bench is yelling at the top of his lungs "Scot Pollard you SUCK!!!!" over and over.

Finally Pollard turns around and says, "Well, I get payed a lot to suck."

The reporter said the fan didn't say anything the rest of the game.

It's just hilarious how this stuff travels.
First off this was drummed up by the biggest KU hater on the airwaves in Kevin Keitzmann. Dude is absolutely brutal and I was listening to all this on the radio as it transpired. Keitzmann was blasting KU hinting at all kinds of violations etc when he didn't even know what was going on. Then the Associate AD calls in and says that Pollard sold the 97 Tahoe to Taylor months ago and it was all ran thru complaince and the NCAA. It was nothing. Keitzmann starts his major backpedaling and then the eccentic Scot Pollard actually called in and was ripping his butt. Basically he said he was trying to make a story out of nothing and Keitzmann denied. Pollard then said well why didn't you call me? LOL. Keitzmann has his number. Keitzmann called the KU athletic department, he called the Lawrence PD and he even called the NCAA but he didn't call Scot Pollard who he has his number in his cell phone. Keitzmann just got hammered on the radio and it was awesome to listen to.

Basically Markieff Morris got in a fender bender at 1am on Sept 13 in Tyshawn Taylors car that he bought from Pollard. The police clearly stated on the accident report that he wasn't impaired at all. Their were no injuries nor much damage at all. Morris had a 20 year old male with him, a 22 year old female and a 16 year old female.

Like clock work = here comes the KU Hall Monitor Cheno

Like clock work = here comes the KU Hall Monitor Cheno

Like clock work here comes Buttermaker who hasn't posted in almost two weeks on this site but waits for a KU thread which interestingly enough was the last thread he posted on I believe. LOL
I mean seriously dude you are more obsessed with KU than even I. You check an OU website daily for posts by me about KU and rarely post on OU.

No Hall Monitor at all man. Just commenting on the details. This one I actually enjoyed. It was awesome listening to Pollard rip on that dude.

OK, KU is thugsville so let's just deal with it. They still have a good team. Quit bustin Johnny Cochoran aka Cheno's balls.

I heard that Brady drove drunk to prove himself to the "cool kids" on the team. Peer pressure.....

OK, KU is thugsville so let's just deal with it. They still have a good team. Quit bustin Johnny Cochoran aka Cheno's balls.

selfthuglife.jpg

Back