Trouble at Kansas

See its 7:45am and the KU hall monitors are already monitoring our website told you it was a 24/7 thing. :clap

See its 7:45am and the KU hall monitors are already monitoring our website told you it was a 24/7 thing. :clap

I'm here everyday Butter. I chime in on multiple threads every single day.
The KU Hall Monitor is you. You check this site every day and if there is no KU thread you don't reply. Then weeks and weeks go by and a KU thread pops up and you are back. That is the funny thing. :clap

I've got a lot more to worry about than some silly fight at KU.

Mangino and Self will beat some ass (not literally) and it will be done with.

I would note that Sherron would feed Briscoe his lunch, but it's silly to fight over some girl. Sherron needs to stay above that, he's almost done.

Did the Sloth not get involved in this? I only ask because I wonder if he would put his mask on before jumping in? (of course by "jump" I mean "fall" in awkwardly)

Agree. Interestingly enough though you are in the minority as this now has the most replies on page 1. Nothing like a good KU thread to bring them out of the woodwork.

And don't forget Big Lew Perkins. He called a meeting with both teams and coaches yesterday and in 15 minutes had both sides begging for mercy and saying all the right things. He scares me more than Mangino. Dude doesn't put up with anything.

I would note that Sherron would feed Briscoe his lunch, but it's silly to fight over some girl. Sherron needs to stay above that, he's almost done.
Agreed. What some people don't understand this isn't about Tyshawn Taylor. He just got caught up in it and evidently landed a blow. What I've heard is Sherron is now going out with a girl that Briscoe dated last year and Briscoe isn't happy. Briscoe is a 1st or 2nd round NFL pick. He's got bigger fish to fry. Same with Sherron. But yes, Sherron would knock him silly.

Did the Sloth not get involved in this? I only ask because I wonder if he would put his mask on before jumping in? (of course by "jump" I mean "fall" in awkwardly)
Didn't hear about the sloth or the Henry's being anywhere around any of this.
Morningstar and Reed were there though. That was enough muscle. :)

Morningstar ever recover from his broken ankles?

"The brawling, it appears, is over. The Kansas Jayhawks football and basketball team squared off twice in a 12-hour span on campus bridging Tuesday and Wednesday, but school officials seem to have brokered a truce. Statements were released and detente was reached. According to the KC Star, the crux of the beef involved an unidentified female, Tyshawn Taylor of the basketball team and Anthony Davis of the football team. (For those curious, Davis is only 6-feet, 190 lbs; Taylor’s 6-3, 180.) While details are scarce from Tuesday night’s fight - bummer, since 100 people were said to be involved - the Wednesday one, at 10 a.m., was seen by many students.

A witness heard a football player yell, “What did you say?” and saw him run up a flight of stairs behind Budig Hall, which is adjacent to Wescoe. The witness then reported that one of the basketball players threw the football player down the stairs. The player toppled down the stairs before being caught by another football player. The witness told the paper that several fights then began immediately.

Unconfirmed reports (read: message board chatter) claim that football player who was tossed down the stairs was wide receiver Dezmon Briscoe. There are various reports claiming that the hatred between the teams dates back a few years, and the the teams have fought before. KU football coach Mark Mangino has said nobody from his team will be disciplined. The unbeaten Jayhawks host Southern Miss Saturday. Hoops coach Bill Self has not commented about a potential suspension, but their season doesn’t begin for about two months. At some point in the next 48 hours, we predict a columnist is going to write, “Has Bill Self lost his program?” because the team has had a few off-the-court incidents in the last year.

Perhaps the most odd fallout from the fights - some funny guy has already snapped up the website PointPlankn.com. No, we do not know what it means, but if we ever run into Tyshawn Taylor, we’ll ask him."

http://thebiglead.com/?p=22122

Good find Paul. Funny read.

I will say I went to two different colleges and played sports and there always seemed to be a problem or two a year between certain basketball, football or baseball players. I think that's pretty common. To escalate into this out in the open on campus is stupid.

Agree. Interestingly enough though you are in the minority as this now has the most replies on page 1. Nothing like a good KU thread to bring them out of the woodwork.

And don't forget Big Lew Perkins. He called a meeting with both teams and coaches yesterday and in 15 minutes had both sides begging for mercy and saying all the right things. He scares me more than Mangino. Dude doesn't put up with anything.

Agreed. What some people don't understand this isn't about Tyshawn Taylor. He just got caught up in it and evidently landed a blow. What I've heard is Sherron is now going out with a girl that Briscoe dated last year and Briscoe isn't happy. Briscoe is a 1st or 2nd round NFL pick. He's got bigger fish to fry. Same with Sherron. But yes, Sherron would knock him silly.

Didn't hear about the sloth or the Henry's being anywhere around any of this.
Morningstar and Reed were there though. That was enough muscle. :)

Good Lord this is a OU website already LMAO, take this dribble to the Fog

LOL @ the Aldrich comment. And I totally agree about Collins, that's one dude you wouldn't want to mix it up with.

Good Lord this is a OU website already LMAO, take this dribble to the Fog

This is the sign that this story is officially dead. Buttermakr has no interest in a KU thread now in which yesterday he was officially in to. :ez-roll:

Self came back a day early yesterday from recruiting. He was pissed. Team was running this morning at 6am. Here's the story. Here's my favorite comment though:

“I’ve been on the road recruiting a lot and have not had a chance to spend any time with the guys of late,” Self said. “I was able to spend some time with them today.”
LOL

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/sep/24/self-starts-boot-camp-today/

fball players are dicks. glad to see the bball players standing up to those assholes.

This is the sign that this story is officially dead. Buttermakr has no interest in a KU thread now in which yesterday he was officially in to. :ez-roll:

Self came back a day early yesterday from recruiting. He was pissed. Team was running this morning at 6am. Here's the story. Here's my favorite comment though:

LOL

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/sep/24/self-starts-boot-camp-today/

We get a kick out of the KU hall monitor stuff, pretty damn funny actually. If anyone wants to be included in the off board wagering about this PM me your email address, OU fans only and its just for fun no money involved. I am in 4rd place right now dang it.

We get a kick out of the KU hall monitor stuff, pretty damn funny actually. If anyone wants to be included in the off board wagering about this PM me your email address, OU fans only and its just for fun no money involved. I am in 4rd place right now dang it.

:clap I'm sure if true it's an illustrious crew. You can read threads like this and figure out real quick who is in that clan. LOL.
Glad to see you finally admitting your only purpose here is to rile up the KU fans. Tells everybody all they need to know.

Good find Paul. Funny read.

I will say I went to two different colleges and played sports and there always seemed to be a problem or two a year between certain basketball, football or baseball players. I think that's pretty common. To escalate into this out in the open on campus is stupid.

Have to agree with Cheno. At both schools I attended, there was always a rift between one team and another, just how it goes. For us, it was basketball and baseball, happens to an extent at every school.

Also like the "going out with the same girl" statement, very PC of you. The only thing of importance I remember from my JUCO coach was he said that broads are foul......agree.

THIS HAPPENS AT EVERY SCHOOL! IT'S FRIGGIN NORMAL!!!

bgsbIS.jpg

Bradford and Blake are too fine young men. I'm really gonna miss Blake this year. Team would have been unreal with him.

Here he is!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVb4EM7T7vc[/ame]

Here he is!!!!

Yes, he is. Love that kid. People that don't know hoops have said he can't play yet he turned himself into a national champion, Big 12 DPOY, 1st Team all Big 12, projected top 5 draft pick, preseason college basketball player of the year, preseason 1st team AA on practically every list and the only Jayhawk to ever record a triple double.
And the kid hasn't even started his junior year.
Kid is a beast Dirty as you saw in the LNC last year. He's a baller.

Either he's really a hard worker or Self and Manning are genius at coaching big men because the kid has come a LONG way and fast. And he's a good kid from a good family. He reminds me a lot of Blake minus the sick athletic ability.

Back