Trouble at Kansas

On his Facebook page, Taylor admitted he threw a punch.

"I got a dislocated finger ... from throwing a punch, so don't let the newspaper gas ya all up, aite," he posted after midnight, according to The Kansas City Star.

Taylor's earlier posts indicated there may have been some tension among the athletes on campus. On Tuesday morning he wrote, "keep my name out ya mouth for you get smacked in it." A half-hour later, a posting read, "never get outta character ... I'm always a G about it."

Later that afternoon, Taylor posted, "n-----s be muggin me ... you know I'm mugging back." The altercation occurred about two-and-a-half hours later, the Journal-World reported.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4496695

On his Facebook page, Taylor admitted he threw a punch.

"I got a dislocated finger ... from throwing a punch, so don't let the newspaper gas ya all up, aite," he posted after midnight, according to The Kansas City Star.

Taylor's earlier posts indicated there may have been some tension among the athletes on campus. On Tuesday morning he wrote, "keep my name out ya mouth for you get smacked in it." A half-hour later, a posting read, "never get outta character ... I'm always a G about it."

Later that afternoon, Taylor posted, "n-----s be muggin me ... you know I'm mugging back." The altercation occurred about two-and-a-half hours later, the Journal-World reported.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4496695

Gotta love stupid people.

Gotta love stupid people.

That's so Tyshawn.

Thats_so_Raven.jpg

In all seriousness, this will all be forgotten about next week. There may be the occasional article comparing Bill Self's Kansas program to that of UNLV in the Jerry Tarkanian era, but that will blow over quickly once they start winning big during non-conference play and everyone sees how talented they are.

What is really stupid is that there are what, 14 guys on a basketball team and 85 on a football team. Sorry, I'd probably trying to avoid this problem if I were on the basketball team...but wat the hell, maybe the mean streets of Lawrence need a drive-by or something to sort it out. Maybe they could facebook about it too...aite!

In all seriousness, this will all be forgotten about next week. There may be the occasional article comparing Bill Self's Kansas program to that of UNLV in the Jerry Tarkanian era, but that will blow over quickly once they start winning big during non-conference play and everyone sees how talented they are.

It always does...Peterson beating the **** out of that guy at Denny's ring a bell? The only reason this is getting attention is because it's KU basketball, if it was the baseball and soccer team, no one would care.

Like I said, Self will be pissed when he gets back, make them pay in the form of some early morning conditioning, then go back to his office and smile because he knows he has 15 guys who have each other's back and are willing to put it on the line.

Let's not be silly about there not being any favoritism toward college athletes. But it would be no different at OU either. But if two fraternities got into a rumble there would be all kinds of outrage and investigations and the members would be on immediate probation.

The only thing different about something like this happening at OU would be if the Norman Police got involved. Someone might get tasered.

Let's not be silly about there not being any favoritism toward college athletes. But it would be no different at OU either. But if two fraternities got into a rumble there would be all kinds of outrage and investigations and the members would be on immediate probation.

The only thing different about something like this happening at OU would be if the Norman Police got involved. Someone might get tasered.

one of my police officer friends calls it "act right juice". Maybe some of that is needed in Lawrence.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmAYpAzNB34"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmAYpAzNB34[/ame]

This is what Mangino will do to Self when he gets back into town.

BigTime,

I love that video, I would play for Mangino any day. He was absolutely right to rip that kid for being a "hot dog" and costing the team 15 yards for a selfish play.

BigTime,

I love that video, I would play for Mangino any day. He was absolutely right to rip that kid for being a "hot dog" and costing the team 15 yards for a selfish play.

Oh no doubt. I wish he was still roaming the sidelines at OU.

BigTime,

i love it too. I think another thing mangino was trying to point out was that the play didn't happen just b/c of him. It took the whole team to make it happen. Him showboating takes away the team aspect

I think the basketball team just got a little jealous that the football team gets to have their ass' kicked by OU first.

I think the basketball team just got a little jealous that the football team gets to have their ass' kicked by OU first.

I am going to the phog this year for our game. Man if the boys could somehow pull that out....I don't know what I would do.

Collins, Morris Twins, Taylor, and Mario LIttle all come from some of the worst neighborhoods in the country. The sad thing is the point of coming to Lawrence is to get away from that stuff, not bring it with you.

That is one of the reasons I would be so pissed at them. They know how unfair life can be. They know what poverty is and now they have a chance to end that for themselves and their offspring. They did not choose to be born into that situation but they are actively choosing to act like thugs and risk their entire future of this stupidity. Additionally, they are putting the dreams of their teammates in jeopordy due to ego. They are too Fing smart and too talented to do this.

If I were Self or Magino I would seriously consider suspending everyone involved for a week (which would be just brutal for the football team) and make them practice together as Kansas Jayhawks rather than football players and basketball under the direct supervision of the two strength and conditioning coaches and run those SOBs until they never, ever considered doing this crap again.

Even the guys that don't have the talent to make the NBA or NFL have the opportunity to get a degree from one of the better universities in this country (sure it is not an Ivy League School or fancy private school like Duke, Northwestern or Stanford, it is still one of the top 100 or so universities (probably higher) in the entire country). The diploma they can earn is known, respected and matters. It can and will change their lives if they allow it to change their lives. It can even change the lives of their parents because they can earn a better living and get their mom and dad out of those neighborhoods. Alterantively, they can piss away this opportunity and go back to the terrible neighborhoods they were unwillingly born into (and I don't mean that as a slam on their family or background, I just recognize that I was fortunate to be born into a better situation) to become at best a hard working poor guy that cannot catch a break and possibly a worthless thug.

I am going to the phog this year for our game. Man if the boys could somehow pull that out....I don't know what I would do.
We're rushing KU's court if we get the win.

Back