Two interesting OU tidbits on The Athletic

WichitaSooner

Reaction score
One is an early look at next season’s Big 12. Of note, and to the shock of many on this board, one emphasis of the author is that Lon has one of the best offensive minds in the game and does a great job spreading the floor and putting his best players in situations to score. Of course, what does a college hoops writer know. To be fair, and hopefully cut off those who will be inclined to call this an example of me being a sunshine pumper, he projects us 7th in the league, though he says our ceiling will be much higher if one or both of the transfers is eligible.

The other is the most recent mock draft. Their draft expert has Doo going 54th and has a lot of very nice things to say about him. He notes how he started his career mainly as a defensive stopper, then became a good offensive player because he was a good, smart cutter, and eventually became the main cog in the offense because of improved shooting and handle. Would love to see him drafted. If he keeps improving his range and ball handling, he could carve out a career. I love Doo, but even I didn’t see him as an NBA player his first three years.

kind of along those lines...I guess...lol.

After watching the 4 parts of The Last Dance...I did see Stacey King..I'm amazed as well as he played in college that it didn't translate to a decent NBA career...

After watching the 4 parts of The Last Dance...I did see Stacey King..I'm amazed as well as he played in college that it didn't translate to a decent NBA career...

Stacey did play in the NBA for 8 seasons and has 3 championship rings. Also, he has a nice gig as an announcer / analyst with the Bulls. Not bad....

Stacey did play in the NBA for 8 seasons and has 3 championship rings. Also, he has a nice gig as an announcer / analyst with the Bulls. Not bad....

Yes he does, how many minutes/pts/reb etc did he avg? over his career 6.4 pts, 3.3 reb, 17 min (those actually are exactly his Bulls stats. Not bashing him but see ref below.

Greg Dreiling played 10 yrs and is a scout for the Mavs...(last I knew)...I wouldn't say he had a stellar career.

AS I STATED....after a fabulous college career I figured he'd have more of an impact....no biggie didn't say he sucked.

This all was in ref to Doo....I would argue Stacey had a much better college career than Doo...it'll be interesting to see how he does.

*guess I should have said "better" career than decent...for King

With Doo, it is all about his motor. If he can play aggressive when he gets an opportunity, he’ll make a spot for himself. If he gets passive, he’ll be playing in the g league.

Back