Two things I'd like to see on offense

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
1. Run the ball through Fitzgerald to start the game as often as possible. The man has offensive game. Take advantage of it before he gets into foul trouble.

2. Run curls for Cam and Pledger to set up midrange shots. Saw it at the end of the no name game and Pledge drilled his shot. We have to run stuff for Cam because its obvious that he is too timid to get it in the "offense" that we currently run. I'd also like to see Cam try as many backdoor cuts as he can off of plays where he sets screens....it could lead to easy buckets.

I would also agree with this. Capel is having a hardtime knowing what to run because he has 6 games to base what works with them. Capel is learning what works for these players just as the players are learning the speed of the game

1. Run the ball through Fitzgerald to start the game as often as possible. The man has offensive game. Take advantage of it before he gets into foul trouble.

2. Run curls for Cam and Pledger to set up midrange shots. Saw it at the end of the no name game and Pledge drilled his shot. We have to run stuff for Cam because its obvious that he is too timid to get it in the "offense" that we currently run. I'd also like to see Cam try as many backdoor cuts as he can off of plays where he sets screens....it could lead to easy buckets.

+1 on the bolded part for sure

Both of these are exactly right. We have to get it to Fitz and when he passes out the guy who catches it has to move it quickly, just like Tyler Neal did on a quick pass to Cade for an open 3 in the Virginia game.

I agree as well, as soon as Blair, Capel and company start figuring out how to get Pledger some good looks and he starts knocking them down (which he is very capable of) then it starts opening things up for Fitz and we can start scoring some points.

As much as people have blamed our defense, look at our pt totals in Maui. We averaged like 60 ppg.

It would help if we could hit a shot. How many wide-open 3's did we miss? 30? Why wouldn't the other team just pack it in and let Neal, Thompson, Blair, Newell, and Pledger throw bricks up?

Couldn't agree with you more. Fitz can draw a double team. Also, we don't run any backscreen ally-oop passes for Cam to highlight his athleticism. It's obvious our weakness. No need to beat them like a dead horse, but atleast let's play to our stregnths.

I've been really impressed with Drew's offensive post move arsenal this year. You can tell that he worked really hard on it in the offseason.

Feed the big man! :fitz80s:

I respect Cade for stepping up and fulfilling a void, but in all honesty, about 5-6 of his shots need to be going to Clark via plays ran for him specifically.

I respect Cade for stepping up and fulfilling a void, but in all honesty, about 5-6 of his shots need to be going to Clark via plays ran for him specifically.

Couldn't agree more. It would help build up Cam, take a little pressure off of Cade, and allow Cade a little more rest on the offensive end so that he could do better defensively.

Back