Two top Oklahoma underclassmen list Marquette among schools of interest

Sam

Reaction score
William Jennings and I were in attendance during the Athletes First Combine today and had brief interviews with Juwan Parker (Booker T Washington) and Stevie Clark (Douglass), two of the best 2013 players in the state. Both listed Marquette among their schools of interest when asked about recruitment.

Goes to show that Buzz Williams is continuing to be very active in this region as far as recruiting. Its a similar story with many younger Texas kids as well. As far as I'm concern I believe its another added bonus for both OU and Buzz. Buzz already has connections and inroads in Oklahoma and Texas so his recruiting would be more effective here. Then OU is getting a coach who is already familiar with the region.

Couple other tidbits.

- When asked about schools the only one Jordan Woodard (2013 Edmond Memorial) listed was Oklahoma

- William also attended some of Bryatt Vann's camp, among the standouts there was Omega Harris of MWC. Harris was only a freshman this past season with the Bombers but it looks like he will be one of the top players in the 2014 class.

Among some of the other notable players at the combine
Matt Christensen, 2012 6'8 PF, Bishop McGuinness
Sean Young, 2012 6'9 C, Bixby
Jordan Woodard, 2012 6'4 SG, Edmond Memorial
Joe Edmonds, 2012 6'5 SF, Bishop McGuinness
Terrell Savala, 2012 6'3 SF, Edmond Santa Fe
Nico Meadows, 2013 6'2 PG, Capitol Hill
Don Simmons, 2013 6'2 CG, Tulsa Edison
Shaq Morris, 2013 6'8 C, Edmond Santa Fe
David Bush, 2013 5'11 CG, Putnman City
Jerrick Warren, 2013 5'11 PG, Guthrie

There was also a 6'7 member of the class of 2015 in attendance. I do not fully remember his name so I won't list it, William should know it though. He was from little Pioneer, Oklahoma. Looked to be a very promising prospect.

Going for a cheap hire instead of what appears to be a near perfect fit would be a huge mistake.

How could Oklahoma NOT hire this guy?

Going for a cheap hire instead of what appears to be a near perfect fit would be a huge mistake.

How could Oklahoma NOT hire this guy?

Who's on Mizz's radar if Anderson skips town?

It makes to much sense. Joe will never do it. He wants to make a splash-- like he's smarter than others.

Juwan and Stevie would be solid pickups for a rebuilding program like Oklahoma. Both are high character kids with a ton of ability. The interesting prospect of the week has been Jordan Woodard. He has performed at the highest level of anyone. His list included one school right now, but he is by far a high major player.

Went back this morning along with William, got some interviews with a few coaches and other guys in attendence. Including Nike Scout Vince Baldwin. Look for some video content on the event in next week.

Back