\\\\\\\\\\Oklahoma vs. TCU Gameday Thread//////////

Great win today. Proud to see how this 10-19 team coming into today's game played with pride and grit. Good job by everyone in the OU locker room!

You get james out of his slump, odomes to work on 3s, mcgusty to just keep it up, and add Trae Young.. that will be a solid set of guards.

Mcnease keeps on improving.

We will be set

I am SO proud of them for this game. I feel like a spotlight is trying to shine lout of my chest.

TCU was a good team playing some good ball. We beat them in a tight, well-played game by both teams. We stepped up to the line and played some great defense and offense.

nice job! what a great effort to end the regular season.

Other than the fact they lost 6 straight... and now 7

I like Buford at the 3! Combined with Doo at the 4 and Lattin/Ja-$$$ at the 5. They were good today.

Hoopsaustin, you must just be miserable 24/7.

Hoopsaustin, you must just be miserable 24/7.

I just witnessed a great, exciting game yet some schmucks just want to stir the ***t pot of misery and then they will act all "what? I didnt have a pipe wrench ref. Not me" if you confront it.

I learned not to dwell on such thoughts and to avoid such schmucks in my life. sad I hafta encounter one on our FAN page.

This team fought the whole game and when they were down, they didn't give up and kept their composure. Lattin in the last minute was huge getting some blocks and the guys hitting their free throws to clinch the W. I hope we can win a couple in the tourney so they can continue to improve with each other for next year.

This team fought the whole game and when they were down, they didn't give up and kept their composure. Lattin in the last minute was huge getting some blocks and the guys hitting their free throws to clinch the W. I hope we can win a couple in the tourney so they can continue to improve with each other for next year.

These kids have done the things you outlined in nearly every game this season. Unfortunately, the majority of those games ended in a loss.

It was great to see their efforts rewarded in a win today!

Other than the fact they lost 6 straight... and now 7

All six of those losses were to tourney teams, three of whom are ranked in the top 15, three of the losses were on the road and the three home losses were by a total of five points.

Two weeks ago, this TCU team was thought to be tourney-bound. Had they won their last two home games -- both one-point losses -- they might still be.

Any win in the Big 12 is a good one. I avoided this thread during the game but reading it now, I can only shake my head at the relentless negativity. Silly me, I thought we played a pretty darned good game today.

Any win in the Big 12 is a good one. I avoided this thread during the game but reading it now, I can only shake my head at the relentless negativity. Silly me, I thought we played a pretty darned good game today.

I was as proud as a peacock all thru this game. tip to buzzer. even with the slow start. and then that magical crescendo to the end. SO proud.

come here and ... misery.

on a better note ... LOVED watching that Brodziansky kid! He's gonna be really good!! He looks like he has room to build on his body ... he could be a really solid post player.

too bad Afro from UT will leave for the draft. between him and josh jackson this league has some really sharp young talent. it would be nice to watch them battle for a couple more seasons.

Good to see them holding on to the end, particularly the made free shots by Shepherd and Doolittle. Shepherd got a lot of minutes and played the off guard for a while. He is much better on defense than Strong-Moore. Kruger pulled SM after a very bad closeout.

McGusty and Doolittle really stepped up and bodes for good times for Sooners next year. I think Buford has progressed to being a pretty consistent contributor and Lattin has been closer to what we expected lately. McNeace has to get stronger on the boards and be more consistent.

Freeman is my biggest mystery. For a guy who is supposed to be a good shot can't hit one.

Thought one of the broadcasters must have had a purple shirt and TCU beanie on. He whined about every call that went against TCU. I usually don't turn the sound on because I don't care for the hype and histronics from the broadcasters.

Next year depends on how quickly Young adjusts to the Div I game and how hard our returning players work to improve their game. McNeace particularly needs to work on his game.

Even if we have a great season next year we will still have to put up with the naysayers and wannabe coaches.

Great game by the Sooners!

Just curious,......who coaches the bigs on our team????

It seems that we play fairly good defense for most of the possession...and then their big comes out to set a screen. I don't know if it's the bigs or the guards fault, but most of the points seem to be scored against us when we switch on the screen. It almost always looks like a firedrill when we switch....:facepalm

And when we play offense and try the same screen, it seems like more times than not, our big is in the way or doesn't react fast enough to what the defense gives us.

Just wondering.....:eek:

Good to see them holding on to the end, particularly the made free shots by Shepherd and Doolittle. Shepherd got a lot of minutes and played the off guard for a while. He is much better on defense than Strong-Moore. Kruger pulled SM after a very bad closeout.

McGusty and Doolittle really stepped up and bodes for good times for Sooners next year. I think Buford has progressed to being a pretty consistent contributor and Lattin has been closer to what we expected lately. McNeace has to get stronger on the boards and be more consistent.

Freeman is my biggest mystery. For a guy who is supposed to be a good shot can't hit one.

Thought one of the broadcasters must have had a purple shirt and TCU beanie on. He whined about every call that went against TCU. I usually don't turn the sound on because I don't care for the hype and histronics from the broadcasters.

Next year depends on how quickly Young adjusts to the Div I game and how hard our returning players work to improve their game. McNeace particularly needs to work on his game.

Even if we have a great season next year we will still have to put up with the naysayers and wannabe coaches.

With Young coming in, it would be great if Shepherd could get alot of off guard minutes and maybe score enough to be on the court with Trae at the same time. With him progressing so rapidly, i'd hate for him to ride the pine too much if he's going to be a player.

Given how our offense was working today, with so many points scored in the paint, it must have been especially painful for Odomes to have to watch from the sidelines.

Agree with all your points. Especially about McNeace. Today, he allowed the TCU players to push him too far under the goal. He's got to figure out how to get leverage on the box out and prevent the opposing player to shove him under the goal where he can't get the rebound. It happened twice in a few minute span in the first half. I love his sweet shooting touch though. He has something that is hard to teach, most either have it or they don't.

Didn't get to watch, wife's bday/step-son's baseball

Booger - you ever go to knuckleheads? saw a good band last night - Atlantic Express (some horns, blues type music - the trombone player is a music teacher in my district) I digress...

I'll be watching knowing we won..it'll be MUCH easier!

So, They young guns have won 3/6 led #1 team at home by 12...def progress. Next year I would expect 20 wins.

Back