Tyrus Mcgee - Stringtown, OK and now Cowley County Community College

thebigabd

Reaction score
Tyrus Mcgee out of Stringtown is going to be a nice get out of junior college for someone.... He averaged about 35 points a game at Stringtown and was going to go to TU but did not qualify and everyone knew it.

He is now at Cowley County Community College in Kansas averaging about 15 points a game as a freshman.

I don't know if he could be a "3 years to play" juco transfer but he could be someone on the radar for Capel.

DM might know more about him, because he seems to follow local players pretty well. Is he an OU caliber player? Could he be a nice scoring option off the bench or backup for TMG?

Tyrus Mcgee out of Stringtown is going to be a nice get out of junior college for someone.... He averaged about 35 points a game at Stringtown and was going to go to TU but did not qualify and everyone knew it.

He is now at Cowley County Community College in Kansas averaging about 15 points a game as a freshman.

I don't know if he could be a "3 years to play" juco transfer but he could be someone on the radar for Capel.

DM might know more about him, because he seems to follow local players pretty well. Is he an OU caliber player? Could he be a nice scoring option off the bench or backup for TMG?

He's not OU caliber. He's a Antonio Reid without a jumper and not as athletic.

He's not OU caliber. He's a Antonio Reid without a jumper and not as athletic.

Really? he seems to be a pretty good shooter. or at least I thought that was part of his reputation.

Would he be good in Conference USA? I know TU wanted him but he is a starter-type player for TU?

Really? he seems to be a pretty good shooter. or at least I thought that was part of his reputation.

Would he be good in Conference USA? I know TU wanted him but he is a starter-type player for TU?

I've seen this kid play probably about 20 times between AAU and high school ball. Don't pay too much attention to the stat line. low major prospect and the season is early. average will go down. Coach Eck was at Cowley last year before going to Hutch and that's probably why he got a scholly. Once the Jayhawk league gets going and he has to face Hutch and Barton, we'll see how he does against big city guards.

Dm, I think the best comparision is Dante Swanson, and not A. Reed. I don't know whether he is OU good but I do think he is more athletic than Reed. Probably would agree that he doesn't shoot as well as Reed. You didn't mention it, but he certainly doesn't handle the ball as well as Reed.

Last year we discussed Mcgee during recruiting season. I would like to see the guy in a good program with good coaching just to see what he could become. I think he has some potential.

Back