UCONN fans' take on Nolan Dennis

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Nice little OUhoops.com plug in the middle of the discussion :eek:ldwt356:

They like our chances better than I do.....

Source Link

It is interesting that they are maxed out on 'ships with no obvious transfer on the roster. Good for us imo.

Here's another remark from a different UCONN site:

UConn strong with Dennis

Nolan Dennis' mother, Carol Dennis, described her son as very impressed with Connecticut after his visit with the coaching staff this weekend. Dennis will visit the Big East school this weekend and possibly also make it down to Baylor as well. The third school in the mix with Dennis, according to his mother, is Oklahoma.

They don't seem very optimistic about landing Nolan. Are we getting the last visit or are they? There seem to be some confusion on their part.

They don't seem very optimistic about landing Nolan. Are we getting the last visit or are they? There seem to be some confusion on their part.

We get the last visit, and I think he will be ours.

One take on their message board that wasn't articulated very good, but was very true, is the fact that Calhoun is the best at developing SGs and working with them on running off of screen and catch dribble and shoot moves.

Man I really hope Capel signs this kid. He would be a huge late steal that could really help the team next year and down the road. I usually don't get my hopes up in situations like this, but I am having a hard time not getting excited about the chances.

That is good news. Has he even seen the campus? If not I would really love our chances. Also how big of a player is Baylor in his decision?

I think Baylor is a bigger player than some of the recent reports may indicate. Also, with UK striking out with Xavier Henry, I wouldn't be too shocked if Cal gets back to recruiting Nolan.

He's had one for the last 15 years. It was actually good when it was a syndicated call in show that only talked recruiting. When he got on the aggie slime station is when his credibility went down the toilet.

He's had one for the last 15 years. It was actually good when it was a syndicated call in show that only talked recruiting. When he got on the aggie slime station is when his credibility went down the toilet.

I know all about him and have met him before. I took some kids to a MAYB national and he did some radio coverage on it. That was 6 or 7 years a go and then he looked like a guy who would know very little about basketball.

I know all about him and have met him before. I took some kids to a MAYB national and he did some radio coverage on it. That was 6 or 7 years a go and then he looked like a guy who would know very little about basketball.

Not a great basketball guy, but knows how to network and is very good at Networking with basketball guys. Problem is he burns bridges and since he doesnt' have connections that he use to.

When was Dennis suppose to visit OU?

I was assuming that it would not this weekend but the next (due to him going to stoors). But if he doesn't visit UCONN, then who knows?

I wonder if Calhoun is trying to jockey for the last visit?

I was assuming that it would not this weekend but the next (due to him going to stoors). But if he doesn't visit UCONN, then who knows?

I wonder if Calhoun is trying to jockey for the last visit?

Could be. But I'm hoping it means UCONN is out of the picture now and OU is in the driver's seat. After watching a video clip on Scout this afternoon, I really want this kid!

Odd that both kids cancelled visits. I think Calhoun got called out on how he gets kids and we may be seeing some pushback. Now think about it, you never hear about him being on the road recruiting.

Back