Updated ESPN Top 100

TJ dropped a lot, he was top 50 earlier this year in their rankings.

The cast will come off Monday (August 10th) and Taylor will get a chance to pick up where he left off, taking his game to another level.

"Everybody has forgetten who T.J. Taylor is and I like it that way," he said. "I'm gonna be a different player. I'll have a whole new game."

Boomer:OUbball-logo:

My goodness people, look at the list of schools with a shot at getting Harrison Barnes.

150.gif

153.gif

2305.gif

201.gif

96.gif

How can you not fall in love with a coach that has the confidence to step up to that table?

That's "Heavyweight Champion of the World" swagger.

That's "pass the biscuits over here, Roy. We got anymore gravy, Bill?"

I could go on in an eternal hyperbolic loop, but I'll stop there. Damn, our coach is just bomb.:OU-logo:

Exactly.

More and more, kids lists that include the Dukes, UNC's and KU's of the world have OU grouped right in there. IMO, it's right where OU belongs. It's something that people said could never be done with OU basketball, but IMO it's where OU basketball should be. We have the money and the facilities and all the pub that football gets should and can be used to help OU basketball. Capel seems to be doing it and I love it.

Exactly.
More and more, kids lists that include the Dukes, UNC's and KU's of the world have OU grouped right in there. IMO, it's right where OU belongs. It's something that people said could never be done with OU basketball, but IMO it's where OU basketball should be. We have the money and the facilities and all the pub that football gets should and can be used to help OU basketball. Capel seems to be doing it and I love it.

100% spot on. It just took the right man for the job and Capel is that. He believes. Hardwork and dreams can take you far.

Releford #49 now. If I was Capel I'd put the full court press on now with McCay committing to Stoops.

Releford #49 now. If I was Capel I'd put the full court press on now with McCay committing to Stoops.

The kid is hot. He's the number one PG target of Tennessee, Ohio State, Missouri, Alabama, and TAMU. He's a tough get.

good to see OU on the radar for some of these players. I also hope the students roll out to the games like they did last year, it seemed louder more times last year than in years past.....

Are we still in the running for Trey Zeigler?

UCLA and Arizona are in hot for him. McCallum and he are rumored to be a package so I would imagine he's considering Detroit as well. He's also built a relationship with Dom Ferguson so FIU might be a player, who knows? One interesting thing is McCallum was thought to be favoring UConn, but they are now in a hot and heavy battle with UK for Selby.

Are we still in the running for Trey Zeigler?

I really don't think so at this point. But that is just my opinion.

I expected Taylor to drop. I am just glad that they (espn) still have him in the 70s.

Ziegler's father is also a D1 coach at Central Michigan. I don't know if he is recruiting his son?

Dirty, whats the deal with Relaford? You seen high on him, and I guess other people are too now. I have watched a few videos of him and not been impressed. What impresses you about him? Has his shooting improved?

Just wondering. Also, how is he related to the Relaford at KU. Brother, cousin, or not at all?

Thanks in advance

Dirty, whats the deal with Relaford? You seen high on him, and I guess other people are too now.

Ummm, just the opposite. Dirty is just now coming around on Releford.
He's Travis Releford's brother.

The kid is hot. He's the number one PG target of Tennessee, Ohio State, Missouri, Alabama, and TAMU. He's a tough get.

MU isn't interested in Releford and has never been anywhere near the top point guard target for Anderson. He doesn't even have an offer, and won't be getting one.

MU isn't interested in Releford and has never been anywhere near the top point guard target for Anderson. He doesn't even have an offer, and won't be getting one.

Pressey is your top target right? I think Releford is better than Phil....jmo.

Ummm, just the opposite. Dirty is just now coming around on Releford.
He's Travis Releford's brother.

Never had a problem with the kid. Still never really saw him play. As for Sawyer, Missouri was one of the first BigXII schools to offer Releford, so their was atleast some interest. Just hope KU doesn't come running if they strike out with Knight, Jackson, and the other umpteen pgs they're recruiting.

For nearly two years, Missouri basketball assistant Matt Zimmerman has recruited Bishop Miege point guard Trevor Releford.

Countless calls, check-ins, updates, how-ya-doin’s. So perhaps there was nothing really special about the telephone conversation between Zimmerman and Releford last Monday night.

But Releford, at least, thought there might be.

“He said he’d heard that I might not want to come to Missouri because they already have Mike Dixon (freshman point guard from Lee’s Summit West) and that I might think I couldn’t play at the same time as Dixon,” Releford said.

Releford assured Zimmerman — who of course cannot speak of such things to the media during the recruiting process — that Releford could play with Dixon, with Marcus Denmon, with any guard Missouri would like to put on the basketball court.

“Anywhere I go, I know that I can compete,” Releford said. “You earn your playing time.”

Releford has heard the question a lot lately. His play on the AAU summer circuit with KC Pump ’N’ Run has jumped him up on the college recruiting radar. Some who want him to play elsewhere in college have warned Releford that Missouri is so stacked with guards — Dixon, Denmon, Kim English, Miguel Paul — that Releford would have to wait in line for playing time at Mizzou.

Releford, younger brother of Kansas sophomore Travis Releford, currently has seven scholarship offers for the class of 2010, including bids from Kansas State, Minnesota, Oklahoma and Tennessee.

Not yet from Missouri, which has recruited Releford for as long as any college team — and longer than most.

“I know they want me,” Releford said. “They’ve let me know it will be there.”

Recruiting, at almost any school, is fluid. Had big brother Travis committed to Missouri instead of Kansas, would English currently be a Tiger? If Travis Releford had become a Tiger, would Denmon — like Dixon a former Pump ’N’ Run teammate of Trevor Releford — be heading into his sophomore season as a Tiger?

Trevor knows how it works. His family suffered through minimal playing time for Travis in his first season at KU.

Is that one reason, perhaps, that Kansas doesn’t appear on Trevor Releford’s list of schools of interest?

“That has a little something to do with it,” Releford said, but added that KU has shown virtually no interest. “They really haven’t recruited me.”

According to Miege coach Rick Zych, who coached both Relefords, they are completely different players. Trevor, for example, is a more physical player than Travis.

“Trevor is a bulldog,” Zych said. “If you’re going to a fight, you take Trevor with you.

“He’s a player who will make other players better.”

One reason Releford doesn’t yet have a hard-and-fast offer from Missouri could be because of yet another point guard.

Phil Pressey, a point guard from Dallas Episcopal, was in Columbia on Tuesday. Pressey is the son of former NBA player Paul Pressey, who was a college roommate of MU coach Mike Anderson.

Pressey has 11 scholarship offers, including Arizona, Connecticut, Florida, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas — and Missouri.

The question Missouri’s coaches have to answer is whether the previous relationship between Paul Pressey and Anderson gives the Tigers a legitimate chance at landing Phil Pressey, or whether it just muddies the water, the bonds of friendship keeping Missouri in the mix for a recruiting deal that may never actually get done.

Releford said he was not growing anxious to pull the commitment trigger.

“You take your visits,” he said. “You find out what is best for you.”

To reach Missouri reporter Mike DeArmond, send e-mail to mdearmond@kcstar.com

Posted on Sun, Jul. 05, 2009

Never had a problem with the kid. Still never really saw him play. As for Sawyer, Missouri was one of the first BigXII schools to offer Releford, so their was atleast some interest. Just hope KU doesn't come running if they strike out with Knight, Jackson, and the other umpteen pgs they're recruiting.

I'm confused....you say Missouri was one of the first Big 12 schools to offer Releford and then you post an article that is all about how Mizzou hasn't offered. Am I missing something here?

Back