Want a good laugh?

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Silly Aggies

A few of my favorites:

Paper is just that though, paper. I think Coach Ford is going to be the difference for us. I think he will ultimately be a better X's and O's guy than Capel,

Based on what?

Not super impressed with WW's ability to run a team, he is a very prolific scorer but not a great sharer of the ball. I think our team will be better than projected and okie u will struggle without the caveman running over individuals. I do agree that Ford is the better coach, not just cause he's at OSU... he just seems to get more out of his players.

Willie doesn't share? Who is caveman? His last statement is pretty ridiculous imo considering what Capel has done with guys like Carter, Longar, Taylor and Blake

We ended the season as a better team than ou. They have to catch up with us.

lol

U of O knows that OSU is back in basketball.

No one told me?

they lossed 3/5 starters in griffin bros and AJ, and lost their impact player Patello.. sure they have WW and TMG, I just dont think coach Capel is proven as a coach yet.. as a recruiter, yes.. coach? no. Too many uncertainties to say a #3..

And Ford is? And Patello? wtf. I agree with him/her that a #3 may be too high, but I also think it is pretty doable since the Big12 will hopefully be so strong.

Who cares what uO has coming in. We had the better team by the end of last year. We've got players coming in too that will make a difference. I expect to split the series this year at least. Maybe pick up a win in LNC. We've got a darn good team returning, with a lot of experience.

Again with the better team stuff? Is this a joke? We finished #7 in the country....

This will be the year we catch up. Next year will be the year we move past them, again, and back into what OSU Basketball is supposed to be about.

haha what about from the late 1950s until the late '80s. That's what I think OSU basketball is supposed to be about.

I am afraid that our aggie brethron are going to be in for a rude awakening this year. They will be pretty good, but they aren't catching us. They have hope, which makes it even better....

They are still using the old only reason Blake is good excuse is because he fouls everyone.
The last bolded statement belies the first two I highlighted. Griffin didn't "manhandle" Moses, anymore than he fouled the crap out of every other post player he went up against. Moses had some pretty sweet moves against Griffin.
That is just hillarious for as much as Blake got beat on this last year.

I freaking love that site because it proves just how brainwashed and delerious their fans can be about basketball.

There are some idiots on their board. They are talking about us having 3 new starters, but 2 of those guys will be all americans. Also they lose 2 starters and still don't have a decent player over 6'6''.

I just read the thread and there are a couple of leveled headed people over there. There is also one with a short memory of Crock almost putting up 30 in stillwater as a sophomore.

Last edited:
Not only did we go in there and take care of them on their home floor this year, but AJ, Crocker, Longar and Taylor handled them in Stoolwater 2 years ago without Blake or Willie.

Capel is two hatch FT"s and one foul call away from being 7-0 against OSU.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbh7x_sO_9k[/ame]

Different coach on the bench. Different mentality. Not saying we're better or anything, but the difference in coaching between the Sean's two full seasons and Ford's one season was huge.

Right now I think more of Capel as a recruiter than a bench coach. Don't get me wrong I don't dislike Capel. I think he has a chance to remove all doubt this season.

Different coach on the bench. Different mentality. Not saying we're better or anything, but the difference in coaching between the Sean's two full seasons and Ford's one season was huge.

Right now I think more of Capel as a recruiter than a bench coach. Don't get me wrong I don't dislike Capel. I think he has a chance to remove all doubt this season.

What doubts are those?

By this logic I'm not impressed with Ford at all as a recruiter. His top talent didn't qualify, neither did another player, and he has yet to sign a McAA

As for bench coach try this. Which team was more talented? 2007-08 OU or 2008-09 OSU? I'd say easily OSU's team. The OU team had 1 McAA, a freshman Griffin not nearly the same as this year's, compared to OSU's 3 (or was it 4) of which 2 were seniors and one a sophomore? OU played with no true point guard, very little perimeter scoring, and their best player was playing hurt the entire second part of the season. OSU had seasoned veterans at every guard position and had the players that fit Ford's system. Somehow, those two teams ended up going equally far in the NCAA tournament.

I guess I'm confused as to why Ford is considered the better Xs and Os coach. How is Capel lacking in that department? He certainly can and will improve, but to not be impressed is ridiculous.

I never compared Ford to Capel. I compared Ford to Sean Sutton.

OSU had two Mcdonalds All-Americans and didn't start anyone over 6-6" The turnaround that Ford made with those players was impressive.

All I said was that recruiting is the stronger part of Capel's game. I never compared him to anyone but himself.

I just read the whole thing. haha Man that was enjoyable!

I never compared Ford to Capel. I compared Ford to Sean Sutton.

OSU had two Mcdonalds All-Americans and didn't start anyone over 6-6" The turnaround that Ford made with those players was impressive.

All I said was that recruiting is the stronger part of Capel's game. I never compared him to anyone but himself.

That's perfectly fair then. What I'll be interested to see is how each team responds to the pg position. OU will have a pure point for the first time under Capel and OSU won't have a veteran McAA ready made. I think that ought to really show what kind of coaching these two can do.

I think its a joke how much confidence some of these OSU fans have... Marshall Moses is a joke. He's a 6'6 center... Enough said

I think its a joke how much confidence some of these OSU fans have... Marshall Moses is a joke. He's a 6'6 center... Enough said

I agree with you about some of the osu fans, but calling moses a joke makes you look like a joke, he is a nice player who seems to only have 1 shortcoming.

Back