Want a good laugh?

I think its a joke how much confidence some of these OSU fans have... Marshall Moses is a joke. He's a 6'6 center... Enough said

Yeah, you just showed your knowledge of basketball. Marshall Moses was the reason the cowboys even got to the tourney last year. The job he did on Blair was outastanding.

I never compared Ford to Capel. I compared Ford to Sean Sutton.

OSU had two Mcdonalds All-Americans and didn't start anyone over 6-6" The turnaround that Ford made with those players was impressive.

All I said was that recruiting is the stronger part of Capel's game. I never compared him to anyone but himself.

But some of your fellow aggroids are comparing the two on that thread, and the conclusion is that Ford is the better coach. Based on what? It made me literally lol to read some of their logic.

"Quote:
Who cares what uO has coming in. We had the better team by the end of last year. We've got players coming in too that will make a difference. I expect to split the series this year at least. Maybe pick up a win in LNC. We've got a darn good team returning, with a lot of experience. "

I remember reading something similar on a Poke board after the 2002 season, minutes after they became the first "one-and-out" team in the NCAA tourney. They lost to Kent State, and one Poke immediately posted on a board of theirs that "we still have a better team than the gooners...." (all OU did that year was go to the Final Four, win the Big 12 tourney and finish something like five games ahead of OSU in the regular season standings).

"Quote:
Who cares what uO has coming in. We had the better team by the end of last year. We've got players coming in too that will make a difference. I expect to split the series this year at least. Maybe pick up a win in LNC. We've got a darn good team returning, with a lot of experience. "

I remember reading something similar on a Poke board after the 2002 season, minutes after they became the first "one-and-out" team in the NCAA tourney. They lost to Kent State, and one Poke immediately posted on a board of theirs that "we still have a better team than the gooners...." (all OU did that year was go to the Final Four, win the Big 12 tourney and finish something like five games ahead of OSU in the regular season standings).

Amazing what goes through idle minds that have nothing better to talk about... haha

Wow. The pokes are fooling themselves.

With apologies to the decent Poke fans who post here, you could also say that clear back to the 80's, when "Rick from Duncan" was calling talk shows saying that the '87-88 Pokes were going to be better than the "poor program" down in Norman. :ez-laugh:

With apologies to the decent Poke fans who post here, you could also say that clear back to the 80's, when "Rick from Duncan" was calling talk shows saying that the '87-88 Pokes were going to be better than the "poor program" down in Norman. :ez-laugh:

I'm not sure a single team was better than that squad. Its a shame we had to play the NC game as a road game and against a team we played already....

OSU fans that do not see a problem with a roster that could/will look like this:

PG - 5'9"
SG - 5'10"
W - 6'5"
pf - 6'5"
c - 6'6"

are just not being realistic. They will be a descent team next season but they are not going to do anything spectacular because they are at physical disadvantage every single night.

To argue that they are going to be better than OU is probably even more unrealistic. OU's lineup will be:

PG 5'10" (better player)
sg 6'4" (much better player)
w 6'6" (Anderson is better than Crocker)
PF 6'9" (much better player - Gallon is far, far better than Muonelo)
C 6'11" (better center if not better player)

OU will have the advantage at 4 of 5 positions. Additionally, OU will have the better bench. With the forwards it is not even close. At least one of OU's bench forwards would start at OSU. I also think the OU bench guards have a pretty big advantage over the bench at OSU. I could understand some of the optimism if OSU was returning a bunch of experience but they are not. They lost two key players and a key reserve in Brown (he played 13 minutes a game). They only return Anderson and Muonelo have substantiall experience but they are not primary ball handlers. Ford has one year. They will have two new starters and must replace the first big off the bench.

I didn't look at the thread, only at the pull-quotes. Did "currentken" participate? He's the yokel who posted on an OSU board that the 2003 Sooner football team would finish fifth, in the Big 12 South (I said back then that he must have been the love child of Doc D and Rick from Duncan).

Back