Warren needs to work on attitude, body language and BB IQ

I personally was more put off by Tiny's jersey stretching/chest pounding after finally making a layup off of another great entry pass.

showing emotion and showing of OKLAHOMA puts you off?

I personally was more put off by Tiny's jersey stretching/chest pounding after finally making a layup off of another great entry pass.

Not me. I loved that he was repping the Oklahoma across his chest. I thought it was pretty fantastic.

I know we all think he needs to work on all of this but has anyone thought that maybe that is who this kid is?

He is no different than last year but everyone gave him a pass...

Why did anyone think he would be any different?

I dont like it anymore than the next person, but have come to realize it is part of his makeup...

Again, not comparing him to Kobe as far as talent but Kobe has this problem and a lot of people hate him for it...but it is part of what makes him so special...Willie has a long way to go to show me this is actually benefiting him but at least he is consistent...

I know we all think he needs to work on all of this but has anyone thought that maybe that is who this kid is?

He is no different than last year but everyone gave him a pass...

Why did anyone think he would be any different?

I dont like it anymore than the next person, but have come to realize it is part of his makeup...

Again, not comparing him to Kobe as far as talent but Kobe has this problem and a lot of people hate him for it...but it is part of what makes him so special...Willie has a long way to go to show me this is actually benefiting him but at least he is consistent...

That's funny, because WW reminds me of Kobe, his rookie playoff game against Utah.

Personally, I think you guys are full of it. Bad body language, not hustling, gee maybe in a few games early in the season, but last night? Does anyone really think we win last night without WW?

I guarantee, you could select any freshman in the country and if someone in the media mentioned that he was a good (or bad) defensive player a few times, four years later that how 95% of the public would describe his career.

Maybe this site could automatically assign user names on registration, maybe follower1, follower2, follower3.

Last edited:
Personally, I think you guys are full of it. Bad body language, not hustling, gee maybe in a few games early in the season, but last night? Does anyone really think we win last night without WW?
I guarantee, you could select any freshman in the country and if someone in the media mentioned that he was a good (or bad) defensive player a few times, four years later that how 95% of the public would describe his career.

Maybe this site could automatically assign user names on registration, maybe follower1, follower2, follower3.

Either way, how would someone know definitively the answer to this statement? Couldn't the same be said for others who participated in the game last evening?

Not me. I loved that he was repping the Oklahoma across his chest. I thought it was pretty fantastic.

Interesting point. I wondered if losing the privilege of wearing the Oklahoma name made these guys appreciate the opportunity to prove they have pride in Oklahoma University.

When I saw Tiny pulling his jersey, it looked like he may be showing his excitement to wear the name.

Could we have won without Cade? Or TMG? Or Tiny? Everyone had a hand in last nights win and that's why they won....they played as a TEAM.

When we crossed the mid-court line, somebody had to score points. I didn't see Cade doing that and I didn't see Tiny doing that except on one sensational assist from WW. I did see WW taking the ball to basket, altering shots in mid-air and scoring when we had to have someone score.

I'm not such much minimizing the efforts of other players as I'm saying the popular notion that WW is not contributing in a big way is pure nonsense. What I saw last night was a few misses from 3 point range by WW, followed by a reluctance to shoot outside, followed by slashing his way to the basket to find a way to score. That seems like smart play to me. Knight can stuff it if he thinks that smart adaptation is out of control. If he knew what control was mayb,e he would still be in the game.

To each his own...if I've missed 5 layups and then I finally made one on a great pass (and it was a tentative make at that...no flush, just a layup off the glass), I'm not the type of guy to start "repping" Oklahoma, myself, or anything like that. I'm going to the bench, letting out a huge sigh of relief, and high-fiving my teammates who hadn't given up on my ability to make a layup earlier in the game.

To each his own...if I've missed 5 layups and then I finally made one on a great pass (and it was a tentative make at that...no flush, just a layup off the glass), I'm not the type of guy to start "repping" Oklahoma, myself, or anything like that. I'm going to the bench, letting out a huge sigh of relief, and high-fiving my teammates who hadn't given up on my ability to make a layup earlier in the game.

ok

Willie played better and was a big part of the game. However his 7 turnovers didn't help that much either.

OU won because of big plays big Willie but other guys made big plays too. I think what bugs people about Willie's expression of emotion is that he comes across as being only about Willie.

Give me a break.

After OSU calls timeout, Gallon is at half-court tugging on his jersey then walks over to Willie and they both start celebrating together. This is going on while everyone on the bench runs out and Gallon (along with the other guys on the floor) high five the reserves as they are walking to the bench.

We talk about this team not having any passion, desire or pride in their team and university...but we get upset when they show some after possibly clinching a rivalry game, at home, in addtion to to hopefully salvaging a season.

we talks about this team not having any passion, desire or pride in their team and university...but kcou gets upset when they show some after possibly clinching a rivalry game, at home, in addtion to to hopefully salvaging a season.

fify

This is a moot point because we doubt you will ever be a McDonalds AA recruited into an elite 8 program playing in front of 12,000 people.

So just keep looking at yourself in the mirror and pretending.

This thread is the perfect example of how unreasonable OU fans are. We won the game, Willie made plenty of big plays, but his bashers focus on his body language? How did his shorts fit? Was his attire OK with you guys?

kcoukid,

When many (including your head coach) have accused you of not playing with enough heart, effort, or pride for your teammates and school, then I welcome guys like Tiny repping Oklahoma after an emotional home win against your top rival.

I would much rather have guys showing emotion than acting like they are too cool or that they don't care.

You should have seen Tiny after the game. He was absolutely proud to be an Oklahoma Sooner and proud that he and his teammates had put forth enough effort to beat a quality team. I hope we see that all season from him.

:tinyhead

Bigtime, let's not call OSU a quality team. They just played a weak schedule. They have only played 2 top 70 teams and lost to them both.

Missouri is a quality team. Let's beat them.

Back