We shot 24 percent in the first half...

ben

Reaction score
And still won comfortably going away. Obviously, if we shoot this bad against Texas or even ABD's daunting Colorado team we will lose (well, no not really we'd still probably beat Colorado :dance005: ).

It's on the guards this season. Rest assured, there will be some ugly nights. But there will also be some really good wins we'll sneak out. To be down on a team that has so many newcomers who are learning the college game is ridiculous. Yea, rebounding will be an issue. Yes, when faced with a team that has talented big men we will struggle (unless we are shooting lights out, which is a strong possibility with Pledger and Mason-Griffin).

But seriously, did we not deep down expect this? Did we expect to come out and blow away teams by 60 points with a BRAND NEW POINT GUARD?

and as for Orlandddddo, Sweet Baby Ray and the Canadian...god bless them. They may not develop into big time players, but Wright had some pretty good slams, Orlando was screaming his head off from the bench, and Ray was...you know, smiling and being Rayish.

So....lets all just hug and realize that we'll be ok this year.

The thing to be seen is what we do when we go cold from the outside, or teams focus on taking that away. Will Tiny and Fitz be able to give us enough inside to offset that?

I don't know the answer to that today.

And still won comfortably going away.

I wouldnt say that... Being up by 8, 9, 10, 11 points is not comfortable. I couple of shots can erase that kind of lead real quick.

It was comfortable from the 2:00 minute mark to the end, though.

I think it was more like 36% in the first half. However, it was probably 24% or less for the first 15 minutes.

They were up 14 with a few minutes left and ULM hit a few shots to cut to 11 it was very comfortable.

Back