We should keep track of Big 12 North vs. South this year...

thebigabd

Reaction score
I think I will keep a running record of Big 12 North vs. Big 12 South this year, including record against other BCS conference teams, etc.

Last year the North vs. South was extremely close, yet they are perceived to be horrible for some reason.

I don't think true basketball fans perceive the North to be horrible. Kansas is Kansas, K-State is more than serviceable, Mizzou will press you out of the gym, Iowa State will make teams mad they lost to Iowa State, and well Colorado hopefully can get their act together, and you know Doc's guys will come to play every night. I think a running tab is a good idea and I'm not so sure the North (gasp) won't have the edge by the end of the season.

I don't think true basketball fans perceive the North to be horrible. Kansas is Kansas, K-State is more than serviceable, Mizzou will press you out of the gym, Iowa State will make teams mad they lost to Iowa State, and well Colorado hopefully can get their act together, and you know Doc's guys will come to play every night. I think a running tab is a good idea and I'm not so sure the North (gasp) won't have the edge by the end of the season.

There are a lot of true basketball fans on this board who have no respect for the north division.

We will see how it plays out this year.

I have tremendous respect for the North in men's basketball. I do think it is the only sport (that comes to mind) where the North is competitive with the South.

It will ebb and flow but right now the South is slightly stronger than the North in men's basketball due to the emergence of Texas, OU, A&M and Baylor all taking leaps forward in their recruiting and results of their basketball program.

I have tremendous respect for the North in men's basketball. I do think it is the only sport (that comes to mind) where the North is competitive with the South.

It will ebb and flow but right now the South is slightly stronger than the North in men's basketball due to the emergence of Texas, OU, A&M and Baylor all taking leaps forward in their recruiting and results of their basketball program.

This is true but Nebraska has improved under Sadler and also (gulp) KSU under Huggins/Martin. I think it will be interesting this year because KSU could actually be pretty good with the talent they have and Mizzou will always be tough under Anderson. Both will battle to be in the 4-6 range behind UT, KU, and OU. And ISU should be pretty good if their incoming guys perform to expectations.

Back