West Virginia at OU

No way is Sherri gone after 2019-20 season regardless of record. Should things remain in the doldrums through 2020-21 or 2021-22 her seat might get hot. Joe Castiglione is a big Sherri supporter and that is not going to change near term. JMHO.

Spock, I know you have great connections on this and recruiting. My question is what happens if they don't win another game this year (personally, I don't see anyway this team wins ten games - would not be surprised if they lost the rest of the games) then a bunch of kids hit the transfer portal. Attendance is getting ridiculously low. I agree that Joe C. supports Sherri but what about Gallogly? Could Joe C. force some staff changes which would be the natural next move. Sherri picked the absolute worst time to hire Colton. Finally, Are you ready for some softball?

They're going to have trouble reaching double digits in wins this year. I can't imagine the seat not being a little warm going into the 2020 season. And it will be roasting if they don't show significant gains leading into 2021.

This is a mess. I know we've been declining. I'm just shocked at the steepness of the drop.

A coach has the responsibility to put there players in the best position to be successful, Sherri has done so in the past but for whatever reason she couldn’t do the same with this years team... OU is definitely a young team, starting all underclassmen and then underclassmen being our 1st few subs off the bench... while the sky should be the limit for this team and OU should be winning the big 12 by the time our key players are upperclassmen, still other then Drob and Stevenson I can’t think of any player that’s really developed at OU... Campbell had a lot of potential but she seems to get worse vs better while at OU... I’m sure Sherri didn’t expect Mandy to be our starting center when she had 6’9 Mulkey on the team, but that’s the way it is now...

I really believe next year and the next will be much like the ones before this year. Not great teams, but better than this year. I don't see OU replacing Baylor at the top but 3rd-5th place in the big 12 in most years. Not sure how most fans would feel about that but looks like most would be happy. SC is one lucky lady that the higher ups at OU couldn't care less about the women basketball.

I really believe next year and the next will be much like the ones before this year. Not great teams, but better than this year. I don't see OU replacing Baylor at the top but 3rd-5th place in the big 12 in most years. Not sure how most fans would feel about that but looks like most would be happy. SC is one lucky lady that the higher ups at OU couldn't care less about the women basketball.

Unfortunately for Sherri, Boren was known while Gallogly is not. I am afraid she is headed towards a historic bad season close to Sherri's first year. She doesn't have the staff that she had to begin with. That NCAA streak has protected her but that will be over this year barring an absolute miracle.

Spock, I know you have great connections on this and recruiting. My question is what happens if they don't win another game this year (personally, I don't see anyway this team wins ten games - would not be surprised if they lost the rest of the games) then a bunch of kids hit the transfer portal. Attendance is getting ridiculously low. I agree that Joe C. supports Sherri but what about Gallogly? Could Joe C. force some staff changes which would be the natural next move. Sherri picked the absolute worst time to hire Colton. Finally, Are you ready for some softball?

I am certain one could generate a scenario for the WBB that would alter my opinion but the probability of such things as failing to get another win this year are virtually nil. Win only 10 games which might be a realistic number and Joe C. would have concerns about the season but it will still be Sherri's program to run as she sees fit. I think the Sooners probably win 3-6 games max to finish the season.

To me Castiglione allowing Sherri to hire Colton without even advising him indicates very strongly that he does not get involved in who is on her staff. He is the AD not the women's basketball coach. His ability to determine who should be assistant WBB coaches is very limited. But I am comfortable he will want to know how Sherri plans to fix the programs current problems. But he knows fixing the problem is not a 1-2 year deal. Sherri needs talent, length, experience and time.

Gillogly is another issue. I think his charter is to totally focus on fixing the university financial issues as it primarily relates to facilities. I think he has probably given OU a 3-5 year commitment to get the job done. Despite the WBB program losing about $3 million annually I doubt that he will get involved it that issue. It is small potatoes and not within his expertise. On the other hand Joe C. has proven he can run an athletic department and Gillogly is smart enough to let him do his job. JMHO.

I am excited for the softball season to start. The addition of Juarez and Saile in the circle makes OU a serious contender for another natty in what could have been a rebuilding year. But Patty is Patty and we have another strong team as a result. I am pumped.

Last edited:
Thank God we have at least one good women's sport program to depend on year in and year out here. Patty Gasso is a much better Coach than SC in my opinion
Look at how we land these great transfers that have/will greatly affect our program! Way to go 4 Natty Patty!

An observation from Raoul. Baylor has five freshmen ranked in the top thirty of Texas (or the nation or something). Against UConn, they played one. I don't think they played any sophomores.

Against us and Baylor, UConn played one freshman (Williams) and one sophomore (Walker). Both teams were dominated by juniors, and especially seniors (Samuelson, Collier, Brown, Cox). Baylor's freshman played 15 minutes. UConn did play a second freshman for four minutes. I think she was the number 4 or 5 rated freshman.

Our freshmen and sophomores probably accounted for 198 minutes against UConn.

Baylor and UConn (and most good teams) start four juniors and seniors and mix in a freshman or sophomore into their lineup. They have time for the freshman to learn. The juniors and seniors have worked together long enough that they can cover for most of the errors of the freshman. Even now, you can see Geno's frustration with Walker who he needs to step up next year.

Meanwhile, we have a team that averages 19.1 years old. There are no juniors and seniors from whom to learn, who might cover for a one freshman's mistakes. There are four other freshmen and sophomores out there who are still making a lot of mistakes.

At 19, most kids are trying to find their way to class and still have no clue as to how to take notes. By the time they are seniors,, they know how to take notes, or they are gone. These kids are learning how to play at a speed that they had never thought of until now. The worst kid on the bench was a highschool star.
Excellent. This describes our "problem" with wbb this year.

Women's RPI on January 16, 2019

Who would have thought it possible that OU would be looking up at Texas Tech?

3 Baylor
11 Iowa State
25 Texas
49 Kansas State
55 Kansas
65 TCU
73 OSU
108 West Virginia
138 Texas Tech
150 Oklahoma

If this isn't a scream for a change, then idk what is!! I just hope we can at least split with the likes of Kansas, OSU, and maybe one more team...

How many more games does everyone think we will win??

Thank God we have at least one good women's sport program to depend on year in and year out here. Patty Gasso is a much better Coach than SC in my opinion
Look at how we land these great transfers that have/will greatly affect our program! Way to go 4 Natty Patty!

I agree !00%

In 11th place in league standings (who would have ever thought that would happen under Sherri)....

I say 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Surely they can win 1 or 2 games they are expected to lose. Games they can possibly win @ Tech, @ WVU, @ KU, @ OSU, @ TCU, KU and OSU. But they will have to win at least 1 on the road.

In 11th place in league standings (who would have ever thought that would happen under Sherri)....

I say 3.

Especially since there are only 10 teams in the league! :facepalm

Some of you guys have lost all sense of reality - and the facts.

Simply forgot we were only 10. I was looking at the standings, saw where we were listed, and made a mental error. Pardon me.

Take a look at the standings yourself. It’s really an ugly picture and should be a sobering experience for those who still want to defend what has happened to the program Sherri built.

Let's see. OU has a McDonald's All-American as a freshman in Madi Williams. Liz Scott and Gabby Gregory are among the finalists for this year's All-American team. But, we just aren't recruiting well.

Let's see. OU has a McDonald's All-American as a freshman in Madi Williams. Liz Scott and Gabby Gregory are among the finalists for this year's All-American team. But, we just aren't recruiting well.

BB junkie has reported that Scott is out for the season with an ACL, I'm not sure if Gregory will make it, she's had an outstanding high school career tho... not sure if Scott and Gregory are finalists or just nominated, anyone can be nominated...

BB junkie has reported that Scott is out for the season with an ACL, I'm not sure if Gregory will make it, she's had an outstanding high school career tho... not sure if Scott and Gregory are finalists or just nominated, anyone can be nominated...

Thrailkill has sent out a memo on it.

Back