West Virginia at OU

Based on the attached link there has been no finalists selected for the McDonald All American game only nominees which is a very long list.

The list of nominees is dated 1-17-19. The boys are listed first followed by the girls. Both Scott and Gregory are on the list. The women's list of nominees is 15 pages long so being a nominee means absolutely nothing and again no finalist have been made to date.

https://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/content/dam/aag/2019 McDonald's All American Nominees List.pdf

Let's see. OU has a McDonald's All-American as a freshman in Madi Williams. Liz Scott and Gabby Gregory are among the finalists for this year's All-American team. But, we just aren't recruiting well.
I get that you want to point out the positive because you are a die-hard SC fan. But the fact that she's got an all American on the team has not made a lick of difference this season, and it won't next season unless she changes a lot!! At this point I doubt no matter what talent she brings in would make much of a difference, I think it's her coaching and laziness that are really starting to show...how hard did she even go after Gregory and Scott? Weren't they already sooner fans to begin with?

Let's see. OU has a McDonald's All-American as a freshman in Madi Williams. Liz Scott and Gabby Gregory are among the finalists for this year's All-American team. But, we just aren't recruiting well.
Will Sherri & Colton play Gabby Gregory inside to help with rebounding

Even with more “difference” players coming in next season to go with this last good recruiting class, all that does is significantly increase the pressure on Sherri to, once again, put together a winning, tournament-deserving team.

She hasn’t shown she can really do that in at least 5 years — and it really seems it’s closer to a decade.

We all agree this last recruiting class was the best in years. Next year we have a some kids coming in that will increase the talent level again.

Giving Sherri an opportunity to get the 2 classes acclimated and working together will take all of next season.

That means we should all give coaches and players two years to establish a new foundation.

If, in the 3rd consecutive season with all the new faces, this team is still struggling in every phase and not contending for championships, then at the end of that season Sherri and her staff need to either resign, retire or be fired.

She might buy herself a 4th year with staff changes, I don’t know — but we all know she’s not voluntarily making any coaching staff changes.

WBB may not be at the top of Joe C’s list, but he isn’t going to let the program slip to what it was before Sherri arrived either.

I wouldn’t be surprised even if he pulled her chain some at the end of this season.

What I believe is Sherri wants to put in her 25 years and go be an ambassador for OU raising money. She may want to teach.

My hope is that this excellent coach doesn’t overstay her welcome and end up getting dumped like Summit did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My hope is that this excellent coach doesn’t overstay her welcome and end up getting dumped like Summit did.

Your facts are very wrong here...Pat Summit was not dumped...she had early onset Alzheimer which forced her to retire and ultimately caused her premature death. If you want to make a valid point do some research...this insults a great coach.

Your facts are very wrong here...Pat Summit was not dumped...she had early onset Alzheimer which forced her to retire and ultimately caused her premature death. If you want to make a valid point do some research...this insults a great coach.

+

Syb,

You are absolutely right about doing my research more thoroughly.

I have relied on my memory too much and, clearly, it isn’t what it used to be. I’ve also gotten lazy in my old age.

I want to apologize to you and the board for my error in my closing comment on my last post.

I will do as you suggested in the future.

However, my point, other than the failed historical analogy, still stands.

Back