Western Kentucky

Sherri won't be going anywhere after this season unless it's on her terms but the ice is getting thinner by the day.

I haven''t seen a convincing argument yet.

IF someone can learn to play point without a turnover, we can do well this year. One transfer, or some development from Aspen or Nydia, with the emergence of Liz, and this could be a pretty good team.

You had better hope so.

It is not just Point Guard, the whole team is lacking fundamentals. You don't throw passes that have a 10% chance of being completed. Yesterday, Madi Williams (not a point guard) had 10 turnovers.

Rubbing shoulders with the rich at dinners is more important to the higher ups at OU than winning games. That is the main job for SC, when she fails at that she & her son will be gone in a flash. Not sure even if SC cares about the wins or losses at this point..sorta of saying the fans or fan are to star struck on me to notice any difference.

She cares about 2 things. Her 1.28 million dollar salary and keeping junior on the payroll.

She cares about 2 things. Her 1.28 million dollar salary and keeping junior on the payroll.

My take is high on Sherri's list is ensuring Colton succeeds her as head coach. Hopefully Joe C. already grasps her game plan and has it nixed in the bud.

Last edited:
I just got onto the Baylor women's basketball forum and they were talking about OU while they were playing WKU last night. Said OU looks 'unathletic and pedestrian' and that they would whoop our girls off the floor when we played them. Just to let you know, others are noticing how horrible this team is as well. Not just us.

I just got onto the Baylor women's basketball forum and they were talking about OU while they were playing WKU last night. Said OU looks 'unathletic and pedestrian' and that they would whoop our girls off the floor when we played them. Just to let you know, others are noticing how horrible this team is as well. Not just us.
ISU were surprised that OU would put a team like this on floor or in any sport
last year

I didn't see the game or listen to it on the radio, but looking at the stats-PHEW. You can't win much with 31 turnovers and 11 assists. OU's wbb teams usually start the year kind of raw looking and slowly improve, but so far they look like a pick-up team that hasn't played together much. I still think Sherry Coale is a fine person, deserves the HOF, and doesn't like the results we have been getting on the court. But it is time to face facts, either we are willing to have a middle of the conference team at best, or make a change of Head Coach.

Every schedule analysis/prediction looks very bad for this current year.
Sherri goes 10-20. She should be gone as simple as that.
She should resign.
New staff or not, she won't be able to recruit off that.
We're a decade removed from our last national relevance and things
are bottoming out.

Last edited:
Every schedule analysis/prediction looks very bad for this current year.
Sherri goes 10-20. She should be gone as simple as that.
She should resign.
New staff or not, she won't be able to recruit off that.
We're a decade removed from our last national relevance and things
are bottoming out.
We had better hope this is the bottom. I can't imagine what any lower than this would look like.

In women's basketball, there was nothing before Sherri, and we may have nothing after Sherri. This is such a myth. OU dropped the program for a couple of weeks in 1990. In 1993-1994 Burl Plunkett led the team to a 18-14 record winning the WNIT. The next year 1994-1995, the Sooners went 22-9, 11-3 in Big 8 play, and the NCAA second round. Sherri did not arrive until the 1996-97 season. My hat is off the Sherri Coale and her first 15 years at OU but she is mediocre now at best. As for this year, you better get ready for another 20 loss season. Sometimes, it is simply time to pass the torch.

I am shocked reading this! I’ve read on this board so many times that the OU women’s program was dead and Sherri brought it back to life single-handedly. You’re telling me that OU made the tournament just a couple years before Sherri got there?!? That is not what I’ve been reading on this board.

OU had been in the tournament one time---one. Lost. We hadn't been a contender for anything and never would have seen a Final Four.

I strongly suspect that the nation is well aware. But, the nation has always given Sherri more respect than she has gotten on any OU boards. I don't see the nation disparaging Vivian Stringer, and she hasn't had a team in years.

I don't care what Baylor fans think or what happens to their program. How many rapes did they ignore?

If you think Gasso gets respect, I have a thought. If the football team were to win two straight national titles, would they have trouble raising $7 million for a new practice field, much less a stadium? The further away from those two titles we get, the less likely we see that new stadium.

The only thing on which I agree with any of these posts is the concern over Coltan. Sherri seems to be high on his ability to communicate with the team. I don't see any such activity that has produced any valuable results.

Even if she wanted to help Coltan, she can't do it at OU. Any future that he has must be demonstrated elsewhere, or his mother would get the credit. He needs to find an assistant job somewhere, even at a NAIA college. Show that he can operate on his own.

With this many coaches, communication should not be a problem.

If you think Gasso gets respect, I have a thought. If the football team were to win two straight national titles, would they have trouble raising $7 million for a new practice field, much less a stadium? The further away from those two titles we get, the less likely we see that new stadium.
Wasn't OU having some issues with funds with the football expansion at one time?

Please stop with the nonsense. Patty has won 4 national titles and has been to CWS (the equivalent of the Elite Eight) 12 times including the last 4 and played in the Championship Series last year. When Sherri wins a national title please let me know. Right now her basketball can't bring the ball up the floor without turning it over.

Most people don't understand the fund raising issues that have occurred in college athletics in the past three years. Those donations for physical structures are no longer tax deductible which means the large donors who have millions are not donating as much. This was the impact of the recent tax cut law. OU jumped about 50% in donation in the latest report because people donated early to deduct their donation from their taxes in the final year. OU restructured to deal with the new law but donating to stadiums is not tax deductible now. The tax deductible stuff goes to support of the athletes. The days of big money for stadiums and arenas is probably over. That is why Texas is having an outside company build their new arena.

I stand by my statement.

The idea of a new basketball arena at OU was DOA before ever started. They were trying to jump in with the City of Norman. That certainly did not happen and it won't in the future. The softball stadium will happen eventually. It is the toughest reserved seat ticket at OU. if you are not in general admission then you are not getting in. All other tickets are easy in comparison.

I believe when there the number of fans at games are one half of the number going now Joe will have to replace the HC. I can't believe Sherri can drag in big donations to support a team with an empty stadium.

It is easy to blame all of our problems on turnovers. Such a simple solution. Just cut down on turnovers.

Back